Please recommend a pair of sunglasses which will...

Robodog

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakley Asian Fit would go a long way to sorting out her problem.

It seems to be more of a 'finding her fit' issue.

I think you may be right.

Thanks Crow for all those suggestions. We are more likely to race Enduro type events so those goggles may be an option but some of those with straps look like they might pretty good for normal trail riding.

Looks like the answer more than one pair. Sigh...

I have to say, If you don't want to spend the whole race threatening to moer people because they're all laughing at your wife.. Don't get anything with straps

Whatever we get will be her choice to live with. :P

I have to say, If you don't want to spend the whole race threatening to moer people because they're all laughing at your wife.. Don't get anything with straps

Rather have her crash? Or not enjoy her ride? :thumbdown:

I say moer 'em then drop 'em in your dust. Or just ride what and how you want and let the haters make their comments. I got used to it quick when other riders made comments when I rode with a std lid and goggles.

Tell her to wear her big girl panties and stop crying when she goes too fast on a descent :whistling:

:lol:

Seriously, she often picks up an infection in her eyes if she is exposed to severe cold.

There is the assos glasses, check on CWC, they are quite huge, well on the website they look huge, so maybe they will work.

Shake what your Momma gave you.

The Assos glasses are big.

I find the Oakley Flakjacket is not too big or the Half Jacket. Comes in photochromic as well. The new Flak has the lock system as well for quick lens changes.

I use Gloryfy sunglasses. I cannot remember the model name, but here is the website: http://www.gloryfy.com/

I will find you the number of the guy I bought it from, he is the agent for them in SA.

Edit: The model I use is the G4 black. Very nice, and their lenses comply with some European standard according to the booklet that came with it.

Edited by 4M41_Jero

http://s3.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/F1A82A2E.jpg

"Authentic vintage 1980s ultra-wide cycling sunglasses with fuchsia, purple and teal splatter print along top and arms . Polycarbonate reflective lenses, 95% UV protection. Unworn, old stock." here

wide enough...?

Of the above, the Adidas worked the best but the frame was a bit too big for her face.

These used to come in two sizes. Try the smaller version.

Try the Rudy Project Noyz.

Ideal for the smaller (narrow) face.

My wife is quite small, she wears it like a glove.

I had 4 pairs of Adidas. Evel eyes ect.. wont go there again.

I stick to Oakley's and Rudy's

my 2c.

My 2c

In both models of Evil Eyes, original and half-rim, you get small and large, perhaps the small would fit her face better.

I have used both, both are great glasses ...the half-rim just kill in the looks department.

I also have a pair Of Rudy Rydons which are pretty flawless, photochromic lenses are awesome..

Evil Eyes just edge it for me though.

I have had good sucess with some of the photochromic glasses from these guys - huge selection and you can get them on the phone.

http://www.oceaneyewear.co.za/

I see they also have straps on the accessories page, and some cool looking goggles.....

Edited by V12man

She is not into peleton riding on dust roads so dust in the eyes not usually a problem. Thanks for the suggestions.

No problem. Just thought that you might be able to get some ideas from the other thread seeing as dust in the eyes is usually gets there with the help of some wind. Good luck.

Edit: Just had a look at the other thread and there isn't anything there that would work for her....

Edited by Grebel

No problem. Just thought that you might be able to get some ideas from the other thread seeing as dust in the eyes is usually gets there with the help of some wind. Good luck.

Edit: Just had a look at the other thread and there isn't anything there that would work for her....

Thanks. She is quite intrigued by the responses in this thread and is currently looking at a few of the glasses from one of the UK sites that Crow suggested.