650B on 26er/29er frames

Aurora

I have a Scott Scale 35 2010 26er frame and also have a Scale Expert 29er frame.

I am wanting to convert one of them to a 650B bike, will the 26er work? or only the 29er?

I am using a Sid team 26er fork.

I have a Scott Scale 35 2010 26er frame and also have a Scale Expert 29er frame.

I am wanting to convert one of them to a 650B bike, will the 26er work? or only the 29er?

I am using a Sid team 26er fork.

Are you sure that your fork will work with the larger wheels?

you will need to try the wheels first . but it would be suggested you use the 26" frame .

I 'read somewhere' that it would make no sense on a 29" bike but ja ....... something to do with the geometry and how low the BB will be?

The 'ub ekspets also say it 'shouldn't' be done on a 26" but ja ;)

Yeah I also read that about 29er frames, so count that out. The spacing on the fork doesnt look right either. But now will the frame work? dont want to order wheels and then need another frame

I 'read somewhere' that it would make no sense on a 29" bike but ja ....... something to do with the geometry and how low the BB will be?

What do they know anyway :whistling:

I guess if you have about 20mm of space between your current tyre and frame it should be ok (height that is ...) but perhaps I talk through my 'nose'?

I guess if you have about 20mm of space between your current tyre and frame it should be ok (height that is ...) but perhaps I talk through my 'nose'?

It should technically add another 12-13mm

where can one get bigger tires ? to get the 650b effect .. and what tires would one try? i read it is a way of feeling what a 27.5 rim would be like :)

or are i crazeeee

where can one get bigger tires ? to get the 650b effect .. and what tires would one try? i read it is a way of feeling what a 27.5 rim would be like :)

or are i crazeeee

My conti race king 2.2 is really big an believe that its almost 650B. so if i would go to a smaller tyre i would definitely fit a 650b rear wheel in, hence dont know if it will work with my DT swiss fork.

Judging on your given guestimation measurements, it will be a tight squeeze on my frame and fork. Not willing to fork out a new wheelset for it not to work.

On a 26 I believe for the front shock clearance a fox fork works but rockshox can be a problem.

Interesting point BB.On a 26" it will raise the bottom bracket which might not be a good thing

On a 26 I believe for the front shock clearance a fox fork works but rockshox can be a problem.

Rock shox will def not work.