Carrying tools etc?

Clinton1

For races I use one bottle cytopower and one Epic turbo and I use my camelbak for water. The tubes,tools, levers and gels and food all go into my backpockets. I come from a warm climate yet on 3h rides I cannot use just 2 bottles. Do you guys with only 2 bottles stop for water or do you just don't drink that much?

Normally I dont drink that much, unless I add some beer to my Enduren.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fark me. 13 pages on a saddle bag. Can I send you a saddle bag, a camel back, a tool bottle and a cycling shirt with 3 pockets at the back? Please. Just stop!!!

The North Face, Karrimor, Osprey, First Ascent ... all these make hydration packs as good as anything else out there, with similar to better pricing as well.

Although I hardly use mine, more often than not I still use a bottle.

Fark me. 13 pages on a saddle bag. Can I send you a saddle bag, a camel back, a tool bottle and a cycling shirt with 3 pockets at the back? Please. Just stop!!!

Not handbag slinging, but saddle bag slinging...

:lol: :lol:

Just quoting so it is here for all to see. Thanks :)

I'll take the Camelbak Octane XCT preferably but even the Classic will do if free. Hell, I'll even pay you cost for the Camelbak! For the saddle bag I quite like the Topeak Aero Wedge Medium with the velcro straps. And for my cycling shirt I'm not fussy ;)

Should I PM you my delivery address? :D

Ha ha, you see now guys, you can blame this guy for this... I was just thinking a hydration pack may be the way to go and now he says exactly what I fear! :)

The North Face, Karrimor, Osprey, First Ascent ... all these make hydration packs as good as anything else out there, with similar to better pricing as well.

Although I hardly use mine, more often than not I still use a bottle.

Edited by Clint_ZA

Pity you chaps are more interested in expending energy on petty squabbles than sharing useful information. All good though.

The squabbles wouldn't take place if you had more manners.

I'll take the Camelbak Octane XCT

A PRO cyclist like yourself shouldn't be looking at one of their running packs.

The squabbles wouldn't take place if you had more manners.

Oh really? Ha ha... coming from you that's rich! And screw manners if it makes the forum a little more interesting. This place needs some livening up and some excitement. Those 29 vs 26 and baggies vs cycling shorts topics were becoming boring.

A PRO cyclist like yourself shouldn't be looking at one of their running packs.

Oh dear, and I was the one accused of not reading other people's posts... thanks for showing your true colours here, Dangle!

Oh really? Ha ha... coming from you that's rich! And screw manners if it makes the forum a little more interesting. This place needs some livening up and some excitement. Those 29 vs 26 and baggies vs cycling shorts topics were becoming boring.

I have manners, just can't stand abrasive arrogant advice seekers.

But this thread will die long before the 29 v 26 threads do.

And again, thanks so much for expending your energy on the snide comments rather than useful advice. Get cocky about the camelbak mentioned but not a sniff of a suggestion of one. Yip, pretty much what I've come to expect....

Seems some of these "experts" are not very good at giving out advice.

Edited by Clint_ZA

Just quoting so it is here for all to see. Thanks :)

I'll take the Camelbak Octane XCT preferably but even the Classic will do if free. Hell, I'll even pay you cost for the Camelbak! For the saddle bag I quite like the Topeak Aero Wedge Medium with the velcro straps. And for my cycling shirt I'm not fussy ;)

Should I PM you my delivery address? :D

For a guy who doesn't care what he looks like or what he uses who wants it for free you are pretty fussy.

I'll send you the stuff I bought when I did my first Epic. But the deal is you stop asking so many stupid questions and stop being so impolite to guys who try help you.

Oh dear, and I was the one accused of not reading other people's posts... thanks for showing your true colours here, Dangle!

Clint_ZA, what the heck are you trying to prove with your retorts the whole time? An argument takes 2 parties. Today it was you versus TheHub. You are not all innocent.

How the hell a topic on carrying tools got to be 13 pages long, nobody knows.

Just saying, maybe it will help everyone if we all decide from here on to simply shut the heck up...