Morewood Sukuma bike build

Unclerico

I think I need to start saving for a Sukuma and sell my plastic bike!

What colours do they come in?

What colour would you get?

What't the weight of the frame?

What's the actual ZAR retail price, cant be more than 20k - no ways?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I hope the testing will make the bike as great as the makulu. Somehow I have the feeling the will arrive next week.

Eric - the bike is actually a final production unit, not a test model. Saw him again today and asked him. He's had it for approx 1 month...

And his actual verdict -his words were "Man, this thing leans! You put it in the corners and put it over and it says "is this all you got? It just gives more and more!" "

And damn - he can ride.

Eric - the bike is actually a final production unit, not a test model. Saw him again today and asked him. He's had it for approx 1 month...

And his actual verdict -his words were "Man, this thing leans! You put it in the corners and put it over and it says "is this all you got? It just gives more and more!" "

And damn - he can ride.

Did you see him on the trails? Would dig to see that bike in action, especially under his power!!

Agreed, he can ride.. !!

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but Pain or Shine, Omega Man and myself saw a brand spanking new Sukuma on an RP23 and RS Lyrik this morning in Tokai. So - someone has his!

Gary got the first production bike frame there is one more frame at the factory that I am hoping to get once all the photo shoots are done

Did you see him on the trails? Would dig to see that bike in action, especially under his power!!

Agreed, he can ride.. !!

Yeah, saw him on the trails. Boomslang and vasbyt. I hit them just before he did, both times. Just heard whoops of joy! And the boy is sick at the moment, so i can only imagine how he rides when in top nick. It's also a quiet bike. No clatter to speak of. He reckons the 170mm lyrik matches it perfectly.

Yeah, saw him on the trails. Boomslang and vasbyt. I hit them just before he did, both times. Just heard whoops of joy! And the boy is sick at the moment, so i can only imagine how he rides when in top nick. It's also a quiet bike. No clatter to speak of. He reckons the 170mm lyrik matches it perfectly.

170mm - Wowwwww, that's serious!

Gary got the first production bike frame there is one more frame at the factory that I am hoping to get once all the photo shoots are done

What only one other ready frame? That somehow ruins my day once again. First it was March, then June, in June they where apparently packing up the bikes for Shipping. Three weeks ago Richard Carter said I would definately have my frame in July but more likely within 2 weeks. Thats 3 Weeks ago. July ends on Tuesday, and still no sign of the frame... Morewood doesn't reply to any Emails anymore and my importeur also does not get any Answers from Morewood regarding the Jabulas and Sukumas. The strange thing is that they are able to order Kalulas or Makulus and get replies if they have questions about those frames.

I tell you guys I am quite pissed. We are going too have 4 - 6 weeks of bike friendly weather here and then autumn and winter starts and I can hang a 7500 Euro Bike into my lounge and wait 6 months until I can ride. Should of actually not believed them when they said the bike would come in July and just ordered the Tracer or Carbine. But nooo I had to trust them.

Sorry guys but this company is really making me cross slowly.

What only one other ready frame? That somehow ruins my day once again. First it was March, then June, in June they where apparently packing up the bikes for Shipping. Three weeks ago Richard Carter said I would definately have my frame in July but more likely within 2 weeks. Thats 3 Weeks ago. July ends on Tuesday, and still no sign of the frame... Morewood doesn't reply to any Emails anymore and my importeur also does not get any Answers from Morewood regarding the Jabulas and Sukumas. The strange thing is that they are able to order Kalulas or Makulus and get replies if they have questions about those frames.

I tell you guys I am quite pissed. We are going too have 4 - 6 weeks of bike friendly weather here and then autumn and winter starts and I can hang a 7500 Euro Bike into my lounge and wait 6 months until I can ride. Should of actually not believed them when they said the bike would come in July and just ordered the Tracer or Carbine. But nooo I had to trust them.

Sorry guys but this company is really making me cross slowly.

Dude the order is not coming from the pmb factory,and from what I know International orders are being taken care of before SA orders anyway so stop bitching and moaning,the frame is worth it. I made this thread to cover my bike build not for your negative comments about the brand

Dude the order is not coming from the pmb factory,and from what I know International orders are being taken care of before SA orders anyway so stop bitching and moaning,the frame is worth it. I made this thread to cover my bike build not for your negative comments about the brand

I am loving your thread, but you do need to feel for a person who is not being communicated with after months of poor communication.

A friend of mine has also been waiting from when they first allowed bike shops to take in early orders ..... he is also despondent, but still hanging on and hanging tough for his frame.

Now when you get your frame we do not want long stories of "I had to go to work" or "my gold fish died so I could not build the bike last night" ..... when the frame comes please inform those around you that you do not exist in any other form other than they are to provide you with food and beverages only and they are not to disturb you as you have a bike to build. Unless of course any other person who is near is a bloody good photographer and documents the build. If you can't find a person like this then you then too are the designated bike mechanic and photographer ..... lots of pics of the build please.

Take the next day or two off and go ride that bike.

Regards

Hairy

I am loving your thread, but you do need to feel for a person who is not being communicated with after months of poor communication.

A friend of mine has also been waiting from when they first allowed bike shops to take in early orders ..... he is also despondent, but still hanging on and hanging tough for his frame.

Now when you get your frame we do not want long stories of "I had to go to work" or "my gold fish died so I could not build the bike last night" ..... when the frame comes please inform those around you that you do not exist in any other form other than they are to provide you with food and beverages only and they are not to disturb you as you have a bike to build. Unless of course any other person who is near is a bloody good photographer and documents the build. If you can't find a person like this then you then too are the designated bike mechanic and photographer ..... lots of pics of the build please.

Regards

Hairy

Hahahaha I will do bro, as soon as its built im heading out to Karkloof trails

Regards

Hairy

I do feel bad for him,I understand how hard the wait is,but its not gonna change anything by complaining. He will get his frame before any SA guy. Except for these 2 that Rich Carter brought back. The one was meant to be his and the other was for Gary because Gary is riding Trans Provence and that is some huge exposure for the bike. Hang in there bro. Otherwise you will just have to do some snow rides? if thats even possible

I do feel bad for him,I understand how hard the wait is,but its not gonna change anything by complaining. He will get his frame before any SA guy. Except for these 2 that Rich Carter brought back. The one was meant to be his and the other was for Gary because Gary is riding Trans Provence and that is some huge exposure for the bike. Hang in there bro. Otherwise you will just have to do some snow rides? if thats even possible

It's also 'cos Gary is kinda the test rider, so he deserves one.

Well it's just frustrating.. But I will wait. Got some information from morewood this morning. Of course I had wished for better news. But at least it was something more informative than before, and sportsnut got the same infos as I did.

Will keep on waiting for the bike, because I don't really know why but I still believe in Morewood.

Yes I am moaning, but it is frustrating, but I am sure as soon as she is here the moaning will stop and my mood will change completely.