My 'in betweener' done and ready for testing!

NotSoBigBen

What breaks do you have on there?

None dude, that's a pretty solid machine :eek:

Xt dual control shifters with some older XTR calipers .......

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha.... Aah I thought that was the carbon one you might have bought and repaired. Don't know the Spaz models that well. There seems to be a lot of talk, Maybe too much, too much talk, and even some concern from other Hubbers about BB height. One of the reasons I bought my previous bike was due to the fact that the BB was significantly higher than most. It clears obstacles well. I can't see it being a problem at all.

Gotcha.... Aah I thought that was the carbon one you might have bought and repaired. Don't know the Spaz models that well. There seems to be a lot of talk, Maybe too much, too much talk, and even some concern from other Hubbers about BB height. One of the reasons I bought my previous bike was due to the fact that the BB was significantly higher than most. It clears obstacles well. I can't see it being a problem at all.

Obviously the handling will change somewhat with the raised BB height, also less worry about clearing obstacles, but the big factor is if the handling changes a lot or if you don't notice it at all. You know you want some 650B wheels now CAAD :whistling:

Billy Rae I have been trying to find a set to fit and see on my outdated 26er for a long time now. Might as well try and make it a bit faster, now that it is "outdated" technology....... Kinda "Upgrade" if you know what I mean.... Even though I know that my 29er will always be faster.... But it might help close the gap a bit and I can get some use out of it, as it has been standing since I "Upgraded"... It will be interesting to hear what Ben says..

Edited by CAAD4

Billy Rae I have been trying to find a set to fit and see on my outdated 26er for a long time now. Might as well try and make it a bit faster, now that it is outdated technology....... Kinda "Upgrade" if you know what I mean....

:clap: I always knew you were just a closet fan :ph34r: Nothing like an upgrade :thumbup:

Billy Rae I have been trying to find a set to fit and see on my outdated 26er for a long time now. Might as well try and make it a bit faster, now that it is "outdated" technology....... Kinda "Upgrade" if you know what I mean.... Even though I know that my 29er will always be faster.... But it might help close the gap a bit and I can get some use out of it, as it has been standing since I "Upgraded"... It will be interesting to hear what Ben says..

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: - first ride later this afternoon!

Oi, you changed you mind there, backpeddling? Well at least when I get mine I won't be sooooo far behind you because of my upgrade :whistling:

Oi, you changed you mind there, backpeddling? Well at least when I get mine I won't be sooooo far behind you because of my upgrade :whistling:

Didn't want you getting ahead of the curve there. We all know biggest is faster, the threads all say so and if they do, it's Word..... Though you were already in the Junior Circus with 650B? I will be waiting in suspenders for Ben's report. No I am not from Cpt, Hairy is....

Didn't want you getting ahead of the curve there. We all know biggest is faster, the threads all say so and if they do, it's Word..... Though you were already in the Junior Circus with 650B? I will be waiting in suspenders for Ben's report. No I am not from Cpt, Hairy is....

No, not yet, but soon, my mate gets his next week so I will try his out first. I will have to go this route so as to prepare for the wonders of 29ers, not sure I can handle the big jump straight away, so baby steps first. Soon I will be able to catch all the lightning speed 29ers

Looks like a lovely bike, seems the guys are already standing queue to take it for a ride.

Def be my idea also, 29'er would be to big for me, but just changing the wheels on a nice size 26'er would not be a strange plan.

Thanks for a lekker ride, I def made a mistake to think the Wendell's Revenge was the dif part, guys, there's a new route up there, call it the red route, just follow the red dots on all the rocks, where my knee hit them ;)

G

I will be charging a mere 50 ZA ronds per fitting session ;) - 5 ronds/KM for travelling ......

It was only my first ride so will need a bit more before I comment but my first impression is that it was worth the effort :)

Ah G was a good ride, you have now done Ben's Zoo Farm lap! My best lap around there is with a 26" HT so will have to give it a shot some time when I've spent a bit more time on the in betweener .....

awesme powering up one of the climbs on the pool blue section!

post-271-0-38115800-1341508226.jpg

Damn it's dry out there .....

post-271-0-02994400-1341508341.jpg

Ben's zoo farm, def fun, a bit more than I expected, but do-able, even if some one 2 legs, or was that 2 knees.

G

It was only my first ride so will need a bit more before I comment but my first impression is that it was worth the effort :)

Ah G was a good ride, you have now done Ben's Zoo Farm lap! My best lap around there is with a 26" HT so will have to give it a shot some time when I've spent a bit more time on the in betweener .....

awesme powering up one of the climbs on the pool blue section!

post-271-0-38115800-1341508226.jpg

Damn it's dry out there .....

post-271-0-02994400-1341508341.jpg

Been riding my Spark 35 for a while now with 650b and they work fine, thick mud is a problem as a have 2.25 tyres on the back what size are yours Notsobigben?

Which model Spark ?