Dropper Posts: Things are hotting up

Iwan Kemp

Underneath the bar is the only way to do it if you ask me.

I've just converted my left shifter to actuate my KS post - digging it so far..

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again to every one for the advice. Seems the 30.9 is not a popular size if I look around. Still waiting on bike shops to get back to me with prices and availability. The 5400 was not for the stealth version.. The 3800 and 3200 I've seen are for the 31.6 size so now I wait. :)

Thanks again to every one for the advice. Seems the 30.9 is not a popular size if I look around. Still waiting on bike shops to get back to me with prices and availability. The 5400 was not for the stealth version.. The 3800 and 3200 I've seen are for the 31.6 size so now I wait. :)

Not much between the 30.9 and 31.6 in terms of market share. Just remember that your frame can only take the correct size post or a narrower one with a shim. But I'm not a fan of shims unless you absolutely HAVE to. Or am I missing something?

Also, unless stock arrived at different times and at a different exchange rate, 30.9 and 31.6 should retail for the same price.

The 5400 was not for the stealth version.. The 3800 and 3200 I've seen are for the 31.6 size so now I wait. :)

Chat to Jacques at Cycle Factory Shop (021) 552 8285. Tell him The Hub sent you.

Since you don't want to make a boo boo take bike with and have him check it out :)

I was very lucky I just said gimme a dropper. If I had ordered the xxl frame I would have had trouble.

Not much between the 30.9 and 31.6 in terms of market share. Just remember that your frame can only take the correct size post or a narrower one with a shim. But I'm not a fan of shims unless you absolutely HAVE to. Or am I missing something?

Also, unless stock arrived at different times and at a different exchange rate, 30.9 and 31.6 should retail for the same price.

Chat to Jacques at Cycle Factory Shop (021) 552 8285. Tell him The Hub sent you.

Cool thanx - funny enough I have actually never shopped at CF but I have sent quite a few of my friends there - and they have all had great service. Think I must have read something about them being good and then each time my friends have come back with something nice to say and it has just perpetuated the referrals :) Edited by Da Vinci

Have you had a look at the KS posts?

The i950 should come in around R2500 - R3000.

Have you had a look at the KS posts?

The i950 should come in around R2500 - R3000.

How do those posts compare to the non stealth reverb, basically the same kind of post just with a cable not hydraulic remote?

How do those posts compare to the non stealth reverb, basically the same kind of post just with a cable not hydraulic remote?

Also available in 125mm and 150 drop, and yes cable actuated, which allows you to do the shifter mod to actuate it.

I do find they need more love than the reverb (but really easy to do a basic clean and service at home) to keep it working smoothly, but otherwise a great post.

Edited by goose1111

Had one for over a year now and it is awesome no issues here.

Had one for over a year now and it is awesome no issues here.

I have a number of KS posts over the past over the past 6 years with no real hassles.

Ok a question for Cape Town ppls...

I had basically decided to visit my LBS and have a post fitted to see what it would look like, fit and feel the drop etc... But Saturday afternoon I went to help clean up rubbish at Majik Forest and parked at the bottom with a bunch of other cars. Yes I know the club has secure parking at the hotel, but I had a feeling not many ppl were going to rock up for the clean up (yip we were only 2 at the end) and it is nogal far for a girl alone to walk from the hotel to the forest....

Made sure nothing was in my car etc... Hour or so later I get back and they have broken my spare wheel off the back of the car - lock nut and all!!! 5 and a half K just to replace the rim!!!! A job for the insurance but I still have an excess to pay... Poof goes my extra play money :'(

Knight in shining armor arrives and I am GIVEN a dropper post :) :) still can't quite believe it!! Im gonna to arrange to get it fetched in JNB but here is my question....

It's a Spez command Post , in perfect working order BUT the lock out remote switch thing needs replacing.

I imagine it is probably out of warrantee and my LBS admitted they don't have much experience with servicing or maintenance of Droppers... So who do you guys recommend I take it to in Cape Town to have this sorted??

Thanx again!

Droo/Stoke suspension will probably be the man for the job, on the forum, username Droo

This.

Very good and a helpful guy as well.

Command post is Cable actuated if possible do the Shifter conversion. My friend is using one and its a really nice post i do find the top engagement a bit high. Enjoy the post! and have fun. Take it to Droo ;)

Droo/Stoke suspension will probably be the man for the job, on the forum, username Droo

Yip. If you need a lift let me know - can help get it down.