SA seeding

Mr SingleTrack

Ok so I guess I am ranting because I just don't know the answer. What is going on with the seeding score on the SAS website? My SAS rating is exactly the same as a year ago. I've been going much better in SAS races since then but for some reason my rating remains the same since my first SAS race last year? What am I missing?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have a few questions with regards the SAS seeding.

- How many races does one need to ride before receiving a seeding index?

- Where does one check current seeding index?

I had a look on http://www.saseeding.co.za and it does not seem to be updated.

I got a rating after my first SAS race, but the rating remained the same since. I have 4 or 5 other races(on the SAS race list) on my seeding page but I received no rating for them and my rating remained the same.

Ok so I guess I am ranting because I just don't know the answer. What is going on with the seeding score on the SAS website? My SAS rating is exactly the same as a year ago. I've been going much better in SAS races since then but for some reason my rating remains the same since my first SAS race last year? What am I missing?

I honestly think there are too few staff manning the SASeeding battle stations (probably just an army of 1)

errors keep creeping back and forth into results and points scored. My sons Clarens results still have not been added to the system. SAS friendly races have not been added such as Karkloof etc. I have 2 entries added for Sabie, and it still has not been adressed for months after raising the problem.

Carli and Nadine are also probably heavily involved in the advendurance races so all SAS work stops in the week of any MTN or Trailseeker event.

pity, frustrating, and will SAS last?

Where you checking your rating Mr Single Track?

I've only done one SAS event (Trailseeker #1) and was hoping to have a seeding index by now, however, there isnt one on http://www.saseeding.co.za/

click on the "search seeding" tab (@ www.saseeding.co.za) and enter your details...

total *** this saseeding , finished in the top 50% in trail seekers race race 1 in june (quite an achievement for me) and being my only seeded race I'm still in the last group ! seriously !!!!!

home affairs would runs better then sa seeding !

gonna start around 10 am any one gonna borrow me some sun block ?

Edited by marek012

Not sure if Seeding counts in batch allocations? My index is lower (better) than a friends, yet she is starting a batch ahead of me?

Seems like they are using recent results but the website is not updated or incorrect. Mabalingwe results duplicated, Ultra marathon points awarded despite only doing marathon and 2012 races used not updated.

Not sure if Seeding counts in batch allocations? My index is lower (better) than a friends, yet she is starting a batch ahead of me?

I would stick my neck at here and say that batch allocations MUST be based on seeding.

If you have a better seeding than your friend, you should start before her.

My understanding of seeding is so that cyclists with similar times/indexes/whatever cycle together.

Last thing you want is her holding you up on the single track!

I agree, seeding should determine your batch. That is the whole point of seeding in the first place. But yes, it seems SAS has issues and batch allocations are not 100%

I think they must be using previous Trailseeker results (Hazeldean, which the friend did and I missed)??

now to throw more fuel on the fire....ive only done 1 event, being trailseeker 1, last time started in Z now im in F

I missed Hazeldean and the last 2 Nissan's and the last 3 Mtn's

Still in A, so they are definitely not using the last 8months of riding.

Last big race was Mtn Hilton and Nissan Cullinan last year and got top 10, So maybe they using last years races.?.

Edited by Santa C

I heard it had to do with your 3 best races or something! Still doesn't explain the batch allocations though!