"vibrations" in disk brakes

wheelz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think the blue worked too well for you last time :oops: sorry!

sniff :cursing:

I locked up front and rear but stopping in 5m from 50km/h was just not going to happen.

Aaaaaaah. Thanks.

Didn't know they sold the levers in different colours.

Yup! Master cylinder and piston caps too!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5170/5229043811_ed0b96241c.jpg

This setup is just short the braided hose (silver/blue) and the piston caps. But that might be too much blue... for me anyway

If you ride for the CRC team then you get these

http://ap1.pinkbike.org/p4pb7208890/p4pb7208890.jpg

And here's the goodridge silver hose and blue fittings

http://i.imgur.com/9m0fc.jpg

If you ride for the CRC team then you get these

Demmit, I spend enough there to qualify fo said team...I need to talk to them

Hmmmm some nice Hope rotors there.....good time to start compiling my Christmas wishlist that I can leave lying around the house!

Back to the topic, when I bought my MTB with Avid Juicy 3 brakes it had the exact same problem. I cleaned the rotors, cooked the pads (just heated them in a pan with the metal side down -flip, doesnt sound right, but I know i followed advice from lbs correctly), sanded them, bedded them in again, checked for rotor warp and pad allignment, still the noise and vibration persisted.

Eventually took the bike back to the shop where I purchased it (the sports basement) and they said the pads somehow oxidized. And replaced whatever pads were on with organice disc brake pads and it seemed much better afterwards. It still squeals after a dusty ride, at least the vibration is gone.

Oh yeah, this fred was about vibrating disk brakes! Quite the hi-jack!

haha! at least we're still talking about brakes. Based on some other threads, we could have started on disc vbrake vibrations and 2 pages in we'd be on which brand nail clippers are best for MTBers

Guest Omega Man

only on tuesdays

http://www.bikeoutlet.co.uk/images/products/hbsp154_140_6f_.jpg

The real question would be...

can one get them in green :ph34r:

I got the V2 versions. Lighter than a std rotor and oh so blingtastic. 57 Euro each tho. ouch.

My Juicy 3's is as quiet as you can get, except when riding in the fog, it then squeels like a stuck pig when you brake.

No other vibrations, brake fade, etc.

And dont ask me what Rotors, pads, etc I'm running, 'cause I dunno. :blush: :blush: I ride it as I got it.

edit ; typo

Edited by Wannabe

haha! at least we're still talking about brakes. Based on some other threads, we could have started on disc vbrake vibrations and 2 pages in we'd be on which brand nail clippers are best for MTBers

or have the fred locked due to some personal attacks and have members banned :ph34r:

My Juicy 3's is as quiet as you can get, except when riding in the fog, it then squeels like a stug pig when you brake.

No other vibrations, brake fade, etc.

And dont ask me what Rotors, pads, etc I'm running, 'cause I dunno. :blush: :blush: I ride it as I got it.

That squeel is quite handy when you want to pass someone..... :whistling:

I got the V2 versions. Lighter than a std rotor and oh so blingtastic. 57 Euro each tho. ouch.

Which V2 version... vented? If so 57EURO each is a bargain!

Guest Omega Man

Which V2 version... vented? If so 57EURO each is a bargain!

No no. The std ones. The vented ones are k@k heavy. And k@@@@@k expensive. The only shop I saw them in had them for 87 euro each.

I went in to a shop and they had the red ones. Asked the chiki to put them aside for me. Half an hour later they had sold them. So I had to settle for the black ones. They still pretty damn cool tho.

I have to say every hope product I've had the pleasure of owning was of the highest standard. Real quality. pretty much the opposite of Crank Bro's

Edited by Omega Man