Club100 Cape Town Winter Time Trial Series 2012

nuge

CLUB 100 WINTER TIME TRIAL SERIES

Exciting News - Club100 CT Winter Time Trial Series is due to commence at the end of July.

There will be 6 events, running every Sunday from end July to beginning September commencing at 08h30 (registration from 07h00). The concept is to alternate flatter, more traditional TT routes with hill climb TT's.

1. 29 July - Ladies Mile/Spaanschemat/Firgrove/Ladies Mile TT (loop) - starting outside the Engen Garage and going around anti-clockwise back to the start. It's basically a series of left turns with no robots (as we would end just before the robot on Ladies Mile).
  2. 5 August - Zwaanswyk rd hill climb TT - short sharp and nasty climb (approx. 3km) starting just where Zwaanswyk rd branches off from the road that leads to the Tokai manor house and arboretum.
  3. 12 August - Camps Bay to top of Llandudno/Suikerbossie. Start at the parking area just past the Camps Bay Police station and head along the coast - nice and flat before the "moderate" climb up to the top of Llandudno/Suikerbossie.
  4. 19 August - The Glen to the top of Signal Hill hill climb TT - This is the old Giro del Capo final stage route. Start opposite Camps Bay High and climb your guts out to the very rewarding finish at the parking lot at the top of Signal Hill.
  5. 26 August - "Red-Point" 10 miler (16km) TT - start at the base of Red hill, Scarborough side by the three way stop, out to the entrance to the Cape Point nature reserve at which point you turn around and come back the same way.
  6. 2 September - Red Hill climb TT - Start on Main rd opposite the Simonstown train station and after a short flat drag along the Main rd hit the climb up to the very rewarding view point overlooking the harbour and town.

Categories:

1. Men's Elite and Subvets,
  2. Men's Vets and Masters,
  3. Men's Social,
  4. Men's Mountain Bike (knobblies only to keep it fair!)
  5. Ladies Elite,
  6. Ladies Social,
  7. Ladies Mountain Bike (ditto on the knobblies),

There will be a GC for each cat as well as a "King/Queen of the mountains" where only the hill climb TT's count.

Each club can also nominate riders for an overall interclub prize - please identify your club at registration.

Entry fees - Club100 members FREE, Visitors may enter at R50 each.

There will be various prizes - with a lucky draw at the final event.

For queries please contact Ashley Moore (Club 100 CT secretary): ashley@club100ct.co.za

Club100CT website: www.club100ct.co.za

• 2 weeks later...

1st Event this Sunday!

The UCT TT circuit as it's better known is a tough course...harder then it looks!

1st Event this Sunday!

The UCT TT circuit as it's better known is a tough course...harder then it looks!

don't you hold the record for this route? what time should we be aiming for?

Ahem..Yes I do... my time is 8:47.

depends on your level of equipment. On this course on a road bike sub 10 is pretty decent, under 9:30 is difficult and sub 9 is pretty damn hard to achieve. With Full TT gear you should aim for under 9:30.

I have had numerous goes in different guise and only two runs have been sub 9.

Only road bikes? Not a lot of people have TT bikes therefore the results will be skewed.

But great initiative.

andy, we'll give you a head start.

just about everyone will be on std road bikes - it's meant to be a "not-to-serious" series anyway just to get the legs turning over before spring.

Let's go.

Come make a turn, I am guessing it should be loads of fun. Most people won't have tt bikes so don't worry.

If you aren't that fit don't worry, I am sure you aren't the only one in that boat.

andy, we'll give you a head start.

just about everyone will be on std road bikes - it's meant to be a "not-to-serious" series anyway just to get the legs turning over before spring.

Let's go.

Come make a turn, I am guessing it should be loads of fun. Most people won't have tt bikes so don't worry.

If you aren't that fit don't worry, I am sure you aren't the only one in that boat.

Ok. I've already committed for a team training ride on Sunday, but maybe the next one.

My friends say I cycle like a girl and too socially with all my coffee stops... does that mean I can enter under 6. Ladies Social?! :clap:

Damn I just couldn't structure my training around this event as much as i wanted to ride. I hope it went well and there was a good turn out...

Great weather...how were the times?