Creative way to keep/store a bike indoors

Carrot

Hahahahahahahaha

We play fair, we both take turns to wash stuff, shared responsibility and all that.

Like some new age relationship psycho babble

So sometimes you bend?! :eek:

;)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my quick fix

We're in a 1bedroom granny flat, so space is very limited.

I used some 8mm round bar, bent it in j hook, then welded that hook to the head of a rawl bolt.

Drilled, secured, hung... Job done.

Oh and i also covered the hook with some rubber piping to prefent scratching....

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd156/rynovanz/20120725_172618.jpg

Thanks. I now have the perfect way to store mine!

No no no,

Bikes get a wash after every ride, and mud gets removed, and bikes left out to dry.

Still a bit of dust on wheels, but bugger that.

I've now flipped the gt over and hung it by the rear wheel.

Much better!

This probably isn't much to do with technical, but I've seen a few creative ways of storing a bicycle indoors and my hands are itching to build something.

So if you've got a cool/creative way of keeping your bike out of the way in the house,post a pic or description here please?

This is a good question though... I've often though I'd like to have my bike mounted on the lounge wall... Two problems though, generally being an MTB its usually covered in mud and secondly, woman are not too keen on this "creative" idea.

Err, I'm blaming the time of night... But I'm not sure what you mean, draw me a picture please? ;-)

Is it something like this:

http://cdn.freshome.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/bikes-as-decor-Freshome04.jpg

But with the bike hanging from the seat/seat post?

This also looks cool:

That is art on the wall ,looks cool.

http://cdn.freshome.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/bikes-as-decor-Freshome10.jpg

No no no,

Bikes get a wash after every ride, and mud gets removed, and bikes left out to dry.

Still a bit of dust on wheels, but bugger that.

Glad to hear I am not the only one. Although I scrub the tyres too... :)

When do you get the chance to do this? Finish ride at between 8 and 10pm after riding on the mud? Hu? I am lucky if I get to wash my bike once in 2 weeks. OK a rinse off after a serious ride, but that is it. Dam creating a sparkling bike after each ride (even if I had the time) takes about 1 - 2 hours.

Where do you guys ride?

Easily actually, i guess it's a matter of personal hygene wanting to start a ride on a clean bike....

It shouldn't take more than 10 - 15 minutes to clean chain, wash everywhere with hot soapy water and two brushes and spray down with water afterwards. Drip dry or give a brief towel down.

I just brush my bike off with a broom / duster if it's got excess mud on it. Otherwise, silicon spray keeps all the important bits clean. I like the grease to stay in place, thanks... I find things last longer when they aren't cleaned and lubed every second minute...

I do give them a good rub down and re-grease every 2 or 3 months though. Full stripdown, re-grease and rub clean. NO WATER / suds.