[Event] Lowveld Quest

Mr. Nature

Event Name: Lowveld Quest
When: 9 April 2014 - 12 April 2014
Where: From Lydenburg - Mankele - Sabie - Graskop -Induna, Mpumulanga
Category: MTB

The Lowveld Quest is Mpumalanga's latest rave in the MTB community.

A 4 day event (9 - 12 April 2013) starting in the grassland valley town of Lydenburg, climbing up & over the escarpent, and then dropping down to Mankele Bike Park. Where you'll get to taste some of their awesome well know bushtunnels.

Day 2 begins with a lung bursting climb, more Makele trails before descending into the MTB Meka of SABIE.

Day 3 will travers along the well know race trails to the sleepy mountain town of Graskop.

Day 4 with some great riding through grassland, forests and then bushveld ending up at everyone's favourite Induna Adventures, with tired legs, satisfaction of finishing The Quest and a smile that you can't wipe off your face.

Tented accomodation, mattress, meals & luggage transfer all included, team of 2 riders or SOLO!

Shuttle services for vehicles from start to finish are limited (at a small fee) so enquire ASAP.

Entries are open www.lowveldquest.co.za or email ride@mankele.co.za

Go to Event Page

Edited by Guest

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ORSOME!! Bucket list getting long

First up some MTB Tour of Legends thing.......if only I had a bike!! :blush: :whistling: :wacko: :wacko: :lol:

Damn, i so wanna go. Is it for teams only, or can i go solo? :drool: :clap:

Sorry mate, only teams of 2. It's a long way and anything could happen to you out there. If you don't have any friends to ride with, I know of a website where you can meet a few people. www.thehubsa.co.za

Sounds cool. What are the approximate daily distances and elevation gains?

Day 1 +- 80km

Day 2 +- 75km

Day 3 +- 75km

Day 4 +- 70km

Ascents are no confirmed yet as we're still cutting trails, but it's Mpumalanga so expect big climbs approximately between 1500 - 2000 per day! :nuke:

ORSOME!! Bucket list getting long

First up some MTB Tour of Legends thing.......if only I had a bike!! :blush: :whistling: :wacko: :wacko: :lol:

I know my garden boy is looking at selling his BMX if you need a bike. :w00t:

Were out and about scouting some trails yesterday for stage 2. Looks awesome. Gonna be a fast, fun finish!! 20km downhill all the way! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Event Name: Lowveld Quest

When: 11 April 2013 - 14 April 2013

Where: From Lydenburg - Mankele - Sabie - Graskop -Induna, Mpumulanga

Category: MTB

The Lowveld Quest is Mpumalanga's latest rave in the MTB community.

A 4 day event (11 - 14 April 2013)

Day 1 starting in the grassland valley town of Lydenburg, climbing up & over the escarpent, and then dropping down to Mankele Bike Park. Where you'll get to taste some of their awesome well know bushtunnels.

Day 2 begins with a lung bursting climb, more Mankele trails, along the contour to Misty Mountain, before descending into the MTB Mecca of SABIE. Where we'll overnight at Merry Pebbles.

Day 3 will travers along the well know race trails to the sleepy mountain town of Graskop. Overnighting at the enviromental centre, 3km out of town. You get your last night in a bed!

Day 4 with some great riding through grassland, forests and then bushveld ending up at everyone's favourite Induna Adventures (Hazyview), with tired legs, satisfaction of finishing The Quest and a smile that you can't wipe off your face.

Tented accomodation, mattress, meals & luggage transfer all included for only R7600 per team of 2 riders!

Shuttle services for vehicles from start to finish are limited (at a small fee) so enquire ASAP.

Entries open 1 September 2012 (www.mankele.co.za) Events - Lowveld Quest

Go to Event Page

9 More sleeps to entries!!!!