Speedplay Pedals

Abercrombie

Hello all,

Bought a pair yesterday and nearly pulled a hernia trying to get into them. Has anybody else experienced this? I realise it will take time to wear in but at this rate I'm using what little strength I have just trying to get into them nevermind actually riding.

The bike store fitted them for me, so I assume they're done correctly. They do click in eventually but thats with me standing with one leg supported on the ground. Can't see how I can get both in once I start riding

There are tension screws on the side if you bought Zero's. Go back to shop if you cant get it right. Cleats are marked left and right. Shops arent perfect.

Edited by MCipollini

Btw, did they lube the cleats for you. Check video's on Youtube not lubetube, thats another website. I use a teflon dry lube.

I did lube the cleats as well, are the screws on the sides not for the float? Will that effect clipping in?

I know they'll loosen up but they seem ridiculously tight at the moment

I've had mine for years. You need a decent push to get them in. Just wiggle you foot slightly and they will pop in. You have to get them centered over the pedal though.

If you tighten the 4 screws under the cleat too tightly, that happens. The clip is pinched too tightly, and can't move like it should.

Thanks for all the help guys, after much swearing and blaming my wife for everything in the evolution of man I tried the wiggle story and it seems to work. Was under the impression you simply pushed down and clipped in, not realizing a certain amount of wiggle was needed.