Starting point  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like to start

• Paulshof - 8:30 for 40km
    • Fratelli's - 9:30 for 20km
    • Fratelli's - 7:30 for 80km

Morning bump.

Thus far we have 8 confirmed riders.

Is the distance of 40km putting people off?

Does that include the two ladies I am bringing?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That would make 10 then.

To the guys and girls wondering there will be full support for any mechanicals on the trail etc. Nobody has to worry and nobody gets left behind.

There are a few bail out point along the course should you not feel up to the distance.

It shouldnt, coz i've only been riding for a month now and most i've ever done was about 16km and I'm going!!!

That's also about the most I have done as well.

Is the distance of 40km putting people off?

Could be the case, cos imho any newbie should kill for this ride in view of the experience to be gained, however non response.

It shouldnt, coz i've only been riding for a month now and most i've ever done was about 16km and I'm going!!!

Most I have ever done is 32 km and on the day of this event I plan on doing 80km :eek: . Bomb shell of note

Most I have ever done is 32 km and on the day of this event I plan on doing 80km :eek: . Bomb shell of note

That might not be such a wise move. But anyway... since it is an out and back loop you always have the option of bailing out at any point. We are taking a slow ride down from my place to Paulshof, so you can join us if you want to. You have my address and cel ;)

That is exactly what I was thInking. If after the 40 km's I want to bow out I will have the option. But will see how I feel on thursday. But for me it is very much a mind over matter issue for me. I have got very comfortable doing 30kms so I just need to look at extending the route and start doing longer distance.

Edited by DeltaAlphaMike

That is exactly what I was thInking. If after the 40 km's I want to bow out I will have the option. But will see how I feel on thursday. But for me it is very much a mind over matter issue for me. I have got very comfortable doing 30kms so I just need to look at extending the route and start doing longer distance.

Longer distance is good but don't try and increase distance by more than 10 - 15%. And when you do up the T.I.T.S make sure it is at a comfortable pace.

Afraid I won't make this one SIR M... entered my first Roadie race :ph34r:

You saw what Im planning on buying soon :D

Good luck with that.

Could be the case, cos imho any newbie should kill for this ride in view of the experience to be gained, however non response.

Ok I am in, bringing Grumpy! We both sort of newbies with no serious technical riding done.

Looking forward to the assistance and guidance from the wise ones!