9 August - Women's Day Hub Ride

DR ◣◢

Starting point  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like to start

• Paulshof - 8:30 for 40km
    • Fratelli's - 9:30 for 20km
    • Fratelli's - 7:30 for 80km

Saddle is fine but made the mistake yesterday before the ride of leaving my undies on without chamois cream either... I got dressed in the cold and once dressed I realised, ooh ***!

Was too cold to change again so I left them on and thought Id be fine.

Next time I wont make the mistake of leaving undies on and apply sum bum rub whether its cold or not!!

And from what you told me.....this cream is not really something you can share???? Right?? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: RIGHT!!!!! :w00t: :w00t:

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You did really well yesterday. :clap: WELL DONE!!

thanx :D i think i need to go back and find my lungs....must have lost them somewhere along the way.... :mellow: lol

Thanks for the awesome ride yesterday. WP I am glad we could all help out. As for me I seem to have left my right knee somewhere I am going to head to the doc this afternoon to see what she has to say about it as I need my knee back before September 1st or else my entry goes up for sale =(.

I agree with what others have said, we MUST do this again =)

We should go back and find my lung and your knee...bwahahaha....

shame man, hope your knee feels better before 1 Sept! maybe you just over-trained it yesterday, what about a day's rest then go to doc?

well, with half a lung left i realised i have A LOT of work still to be done before 94.7 and I'm already wondering what i have let myself in for! I'm not sure entering the 94.7 was the best decision I've ever made in my life...lol...I checked out the route and it looks scary!! A lot of hill training coming up soon for me!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie on the hub as you can probably see. I took part in the ride from Fratellis. Just looking at the temperature graph on the GPS it was 0 degrees when I set off at 7:15am! Thankfully it warmed up nicely.

I'm not in any of the photo's - I had to duck before the group one was taken.

Nearly cancelled myself going over a jump at speed after chasing the fast guys! So I'm happy to be still in one piece! Have to really take care going over some of those jumps with steep lips.

Thanks everyone for really nice ride. Very enjoyable.

Thanks for the awesome ride yesterday. WP I am glad we could all help out. As for me I seem to have left my right knee somewhere I am going to head to the doc this afternoon to see what she has to say about it as I need my knee back before September 1st or else my entry goes up for sale =(.

Remember the other day I said I thought your saddle was too far forward. We didn't get to sort that out and it may be where the pain is coming from. Especially on a longer ride. Give me a shout and we can look at it.

That's me on the far right

Again I have to apologise for almost taking you out up the short climb to the tree line in Emmerentia.

Once the SS gets going there is no stopping it :D

My fault entirely. Luckily nobody got hurt.

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie on the hub as you can probably see. I took part in the ride from Fratellis. Just looking at the temperature graph on the GPS it was 0 degrees when I set off at 7:15am! Thankfully it warmed up nicely.

I'm not in any of the photo's - I had to duck before the group one was taken.

Nearly cancelled myself going over a jump at speed after chasing the fast guys! So I'm happy to be still in one piece! Have to really take care going over some of those jumps with steep lips.

Thanks everyone for really nice ride. Very enjoyable.

That front wheel landing was almost spectacular. :D

But man oh man did I run out of lungs during that stretch. The overall pace was relatively slow but I seemed to have a number of short sprints up inclines that drained me.

That's me on the far right

Welcome. Sorry I didn't get to chat to everybody but will try make up for it next time.

That front wheel landing was almost spectacular. :D

But man oh man did I run out of lungs during that stretch. The overall pace was relatively slow but I seemed to have a number of short sprints up inclines that drained me.

What!!!?? :eek: Dude, all of you were sprinting according to me!! I was even riding as fast as i possibly could.....lol