Mass mtb gathering for hubbers

Joe_Cogs

I might not be around for the 22nd but if I'm not going away I'll be in for the VG on the 22nd.

I edited the 22nd due to the 50km at VG already which I'm doing. Those not doing it can suggest another place and I'll change it to that

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another time thanks dude - I've said I would go to Rietvlei already. Come join us! Otherwise I see there is a charity ride that cyclelab is hosting. It's a roadie ride I think... blerrrgh!

Im in for reitvlei provided we are NOT riding on the road! With how often I bail I dont touch tar! haha

Anyone doing the Spring Classic on Sunday? I am contemplating it... just not sure whether it's worth it?

I'm in but you need to hurry, not sure if there's still entries available.

Anyone doing the Spring Classic on Sunday? I am contemplating it... just not sure whether it's worth it?

I am very keen! I just dont know if its a good idea with doing the 45 at hill2hill next sat....

I am very keen! I just dont know if its a good idea with doing the 45 at hill2hill next sat....

You'll be fine!

What is the distance on the blue?

Correct me if I am wrong... about 25km? I've only been once

You'll be fine!

Correct me if I am wrong... about 25km? I've only been once

01/09 - 40km trail seeker

08/09 - 25km rietvlei?

09/09 - 45km spring classic

15/09 - 45km Hill2hill

22/09 - 50km VG

:eek:

I know they arnt full marathons but I'm just a unfit fat dude that has only been back in the saddle for 4-5 months..... :(

I'm in but you need to hurry, not sure if there's still entries available.

The hills on the route profile look quite nasty :mellow:

01/09 - 40km trail seeker

08/09 - 25km rietvlei?

09/09 - 45km spring classic

15/09 - 45km Hill2hill

22/09 - 50km VG

:eek:

I know they arnt full marathons but I'm just a unfit fat dude that has only been back in the saddle for 4-5 months..... :(

Ja, I might sit out Rietvlei... contemplating it. I'm in the same boat. Only been a couple of months. Just think of it as TITS.

The hills on the route profile look quite nasty :mellow:

That it does... that it does... but you are a machine at the moment, you'll be fine. You going to do it?

What is the distance on the blue?

Not sure. That first blue loop is a real challenge to me so I'd like to ride that without climbing off. The rest of the blue is just super fun!

Is there a list of riders who are going to Rietvlei.

To those who havn't done it before... You don't have to do the blue sections. Most of them simply branch off from the green and meet up again about a km down the trail.

Nofearnofun, you will be fine if you do Rietvlei. Can't hurt to get some extra technical skills training in.

Not sure. That first blue loop is a real challenge to me so I'd like to ride that without climbing off. The rest of the blue is just super fun!

Would that be the quick one in the forest with that *** lip that you have to get up to join the main trail again?

Is there a list of riders who are going to Rietvlei.

No, it's too much of a mission to keep changing and updating who is going where etc. You'll just have to ask around as to who is going to what :)

That it does... that it does... but you are a machine at the moment, you'll be fine. You going to do it?

Dude, you are far too kind... :mellow:

Im definitely maybe doing it, just those darn hills look nasty.

Ja, I might sit out Rietvlei... contemplating it. I'm in the same boat. Only been a couple of months. Just think of it as TITS.

TITS? Where? That thread was locked dude!

Reitvlei is a short you'll be fine... haha

I think I'll join for reitvlei on Saturday and either rest Sunday or do a loop of the red at Modders.

Edited by Nofearnofun

Would that be the quick one in the forest with that *** lip that you have to get up to join the main trail again?

Thats it.