Injury Advice

JGR

Thats exactly the time and expense i dont want to have. Also hurt my anckle last year and on the insistence of my better half went after two days also to get the nothings wrong or broken just a bruise. I will try a small ride this eve and decide. thanks

dude, go to a physio. At least it will rule out anything else, and they'll manipulate to ease tension / swelling.

Plus, it won't be as much as going to an Ortho... Less than R 500 if I remember correctly. There's one in Newlands - Newlands Physio (Pauline Hall I think) that did my knee when I injured it...

GP's are there to make sure you go through the right channels. They are not always a waste of time and money, and can actually save you both if you see a good one. He can do a quick exam on you and see if there is instability in the joint and probably get a x-ray done. If you pitch up at an orthopaedic surgeon without X-Rays, he is going to send you for x-rays anyway.

If you haven't driven yourself to a GP/ER the pain is obviously manageable, but it doesn't rule out serious injury. Your best options are to go see a GP and follow the system that he has for higher referral, or you can alternatively go and see a sports physician. SSI here in CT will have a couple working there, or otherwise be able to refer you to someone if everyone there is busy, and /or away. I know some of the big dogs are in London at the moment.

Good luck.

Grab youself some Arnica Ice gel, I get it from a farmes Co-op but Dischem also stock it - don't be put off by the horse, it's safe for human use and my sports massager swears by it (as do I). Apply at night before bed and you'll beel an improvement in no time.

post-24642-0-07259300-1344418725.jpg

Listen to the guys who are saying to go get it checked out. I kept doing the "oh it will get better by itself"thing and ended up on Celebrex. Twice. First time I didn't do the "ease back into it" and physio thing so ended up back in trouble. Am now doing things correctly going to physio and bio (maybe that's why it snowed) and at last things are looking good. It really is not worth the potential problems of not doing it right. You may think you're ok, but you are actually compensating for the injury. Then you never adjust back to normal and then any other injury/overuse issue is just aggravated.

Grab youself some Arnica Ice gel, I get it from a farmes Co-op but Dischem also stock it - don't be put off by the horse, it's safe for human use and my sports massager swears by it (as do I). Apply at night before bed and you'll beel an improvement in no time.

post-24642-0-07259300-1344418725.jpg

This stuff lives in my fridge!