Oscar Pistorius

Azonic

Why do you ask people for opinions, then reply with a snide remark when they give them?

Because their opinion is based on emotions and not logical debate and/or facts.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting discussion, and whether he has an 'advantage' or not, I cannot say. I do have the greatest respect for Oscar and commend him for his courage to get on with his life and pursue his sport at the highest level.

I would like to raise one point; I think Oscar should decide whether he wants to compete against able bodied athletes or with those athletes with some form of physical disability. Take for example the Olympics; able bodied athletes are not allowed to compete in the Paralympics whereas Oscar is the only person in the world (?) who enjoys that unique position where he can participate in both.

Is this fair ? What are your thoughts ?

This is not at all a debate just stating what I am thinking, which does not count for much :whistling:

The reason why normal athletes cannot compete at the paralympics is that there is nothing wrong with them... They don't have a disability

and that makes it totally unfair. But the reason disabled athletes can compete at normal level is due to the fact that there may be 1 or 2 of them in the world that has the ability to run the same times as normal athletes.

Oscar is still a disabled person and hence he can compete at the paralympics, and if he is good (fast enough) give him a shot at the BIG TIME!!!

This is not at all a debate just stating what I am thinking, which does not count for much :whistling:

The reason why normal athletes cannot compete at the paralympics is that there is nothing wrong with them... They don't have a disability

and that makes it totally unfair. But the reason disabled athletes can compete at normal level is due to the fact that there may be 1 or 2 of them in the world that has the ability to run the same times as normal athletes.

Oscar is still a disabled person and hence he can compete at the paralympics, and if he is good (fast enough) give him a shot at the BIG TIME!!!

Oscar isn't even the fastest at the Paralympics!

It seems you didn't read the piece on the previous page about his lack of legspeed. Had he had "normal" legs, he wouldn't be anywhere near an athletics meet.

Edited by Azonic

I find it ironic that he is now moaning that the other guy had an unfair advantage after he got beaten last night...

Oscar isn't even the fastest at the Paralympics!

Yea but that is also for the first time, nobody knew about this other hotshot and if he didn't have the balls to try and go for the normal Olympics then he is the only one at fault...

Why the ****does this pisprick get to play in the regular olympics and the olympics for 'specials'?

Pick one, and stop crying like a baby.

It's losers like this toffee that make my respect for all my national sportsmen diminish.

In the land of Oscar artificial limbs do not give you an advantage but LONGER articifial limbs give you an advantage. Hows that black pot'n'kettle working for you now Oscar?

I'm firmly in the "Oscar belongs only in the paralympics" team - nothing against him personally - awesome athlete/feel good factor etc. but you can't race apples against oranges then cry foul when a naartjie beats you.

Limb doping!!

As if he didn't do everything in his power to get the fastest plastic on the block....I recall that he has previously cried like a little biatch...

I'm firmly in the "Oscar belongs only in the paralympics" team - nothing against him personally - awesome athlete/feel good factor etc. but you can't race apples against oranges then cry foul when a naartjie beats you.

Exactly!

This brings to me to another point I have regarding standardisation of equipment. The UCI have been getting a lot of flak for having standards in terms of bicycles, but I think it's actually a good thing. Who wants the champion to be the person with the best, most expesive and researched legs (or bicycle)? It's cool to see innovations, but if it has such a big impact to influence performance then it's not worth it. F1 has gone that way where I would say the car makes more than 50% difference to winning compared to the athlete. Let them all race exactly the same legs, bicycles or cars and see who's on top then.

Why the ****does this pisprick get to play in the regular olympics and the olympics for 'specials'?

Pick one, and stop crying like a baby.

It's losers like this toffee that make my respect for all my national sportsmen diminish.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: x 10000

I agree with you Cycling Major that able bodied athletes will not compete in the Paralympics for the reason being that they are able bodied - I should have made myself a bit more clearer on that point.

I just think he should decide which athletes he wants to compete against.

All I can say is that Oscar has competed in the Olympics whether it be able bodied or nor not. He even won a medal. Now how many of the Hubbers that have said any negative things regarding this athlete has won an Olympic medal?

Limb doping!!

One of these days we'll have:

• Able bodied Olympics (Human Olympics)
  • Paralympics (Missing body parts, not replaced)
  • RoboLympics (Blades, mechanical augmentations)
  • Dope-a-Lympics (Hormone manipulation,gene doping, etc)