Oscar Pistorius

Azonic

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because their opinion is based on emotions and not logical debate and/or facts.

Its called an opinion..

see Wikipedias definition - it may help

In general, an opinion is a subjective belief, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. Opinions are never right or wrong, they are merely a figment of what someone believes to be true or right based on evidence, morality, personal or professional experience, personal tastes, ect. However it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting arguments.[1] In casual use, the term opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. It may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs.

I find it ironic that he is now moaning that the other guy had an unfair advantage after he got beaten last night...

I agree, quite ironic. The fact that blades gives one an unfair advantage was swept under the carpet when it was time to run te able bodied olympics.

Now that same "fact" has backfired on him, so no crying for him. He got outplayed....

Its called an opinion..

see Wikipedias definition - it may help

In general, an opinion is a subjective belief, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. Opinions are never right or wrong, they are merely a figment of what someone believes to be true or right based on evidence, morality, personal or professional experience, personal tastes, ect. However it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting arguments.[1] In casual use, the term opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. It may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asshole

No red highlighting required.

All I can say is that Oscar has competed in the Olympics whether it be able bodied or nor not. He even won a medal. Now how many of the Hubbers that have said any negative things regarding this athlete has won an Olympic medal?

When did he win an Olympic medal?

All I can say is that Oscar has competed in the Olympics whether it be able bodied or nor not. He even won a medal. Now how many of the Hubbers that have said any negative things regarding this athlete has won an Olympic medal?

What a bs attitude. We don't have to have competed in the Olympics to have an opinion about this crybaby. I lost the tiny bit of respect I had for him with this little outburst. He lacks leg speed. The winner got more strides in. What a bad sport and sore loser. No ways should he be allowed to run against able bodied runners. Pretty soon we'll have more of these runners in our Olympic line ups. It nowhere near a level playing field.

Oscar is a twat. Fact

Quick edit: needed to add: Oscar is a douche

Edited by nishiki

He deserves an Oscar, for he's douchebag attitude, agree with most lost a lot of respect since throwing he's toys out the cot!

Why doesn't Oscar challenge the other dude to a race without their blades?

LOL, not that would be interesting! :ph34r:

So, as always , no lack of opinions on the Hub.

LOOK AT THE FOTOS of the two of them after the race>

The other guy has VERY LONG BLADES, seem almost twice the length of Oscars.

It is also not just a matter of having the same leg length, but also the huge reduction in weight, which these 'longer ' legs have, so much easier to get a faster legspeed with almost the same stride.

I think it IS AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE, you need a reasonably level playing field.

Why doesn't Oscar challenge the other dude to a race without their blades?

As long as its in "the rules" and "Fair" and gives you that "soft fuzzy feeling" inside

LOOK AT THE FOTOS of the two of them after the race>

The other guy has VERY LONG BLADES, seem almost twice the length of Oscars.

It is also not just a matter of having the same leg length, but also the huge reduction in weight, which these 'longer ' legs have, so much easier to get a faster legspeed with almost the same stride.

I think it IS AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE, you need a reasonably level playing field.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2012/9/3/1346627049818/Alan-Oliveira-left-of-Bra-008.jpg

Take a look, Oscar has allot more carbon underneath the "knee", making the blade section look sorter. The other guy doesn't have much carbon under the "knee" except for the blades, hence they to appear longer.

To quote you again: "but also the huge reduction in weight". This was one of my arguements when it came to running against able bodies athletes. And now using that same arguement against other disabled athletes? Na-ah, can't have it both ways.