Substitute for a front Maxxis Crossmark

crodi

Currently ride 2.1 Maxxis Crossmarks front and rear but the front is a bit sketchy in the corners.

Will there be a worthwhile improvement by putting a Monorail at the front?

Should I stick to 2.1 or go wider?

Definitely Monorail, it will be a great improvement over a Crossmark, and it seems quite big for a 2.1. I would put one on the back too. I wish I could get a 29er Monorail.

Edited by Berg Bok

Save yourself ALL the disappointment and without any hesitancy RUN, don't look to the left or to the right, listen to the wisdom of only the wise,..and buy yourself (aka: invest in) a Continental X-king. And for the rest of us that ride them big hoops, Maxxis Ikon EXC and nothing else front and back.

Edited by Crazy Back Wheel

Nope

Geax GATO 2.3 upfront or Kenda Nevegal... You will never look back!

Naas, what tyres do you still have in stock?

Will need 2 in about a week(29r)

HAHAH those X-king sidewalls are made of rice paper even the protection version, and the UST version weighs a ton. Nevegal weighs a ton and rolls like a tractor wheel in a mixture of mud and glue.

What type of riding do you do? Is weight and rolling resistance important?

Edited by Berg Bok

If rolling resistance is important then I would go for the Monorail. It will completely outgrip a Crossmark, and still roll super fast. Maxxis tyres just last super long wear wise. Conti tyre sidewalls break very quickly, unless you go UST, but then its heavy and pricey.

Edited by Berg Bok

If rolling resistance is important then I would go for the Monorail. It will completely outgrip a Crossmark, and still roll super fast. Maxxis tyres just last super long wear wise. Conti tyre sidewalls break very quickly, unless you go UST, but then its heavy and pricey.

Yes, rolling resistance is definitely important, weight not so much. Tyres came with new bike so want to substitute the front Crossmark to keep for the rear once these have worn down; but only if there will be a big improvement over the cross marks.

Someone else recommended Rubena, never heard of them before.

Yes, rolling resistance is definitely important, weight not so much. Tyres came with new bike so want to substitute the front Crossmark to keep for the rear once these have worn down; but only if there will be a big improvement over the cross marks.

Someone else recommended Rubena, never heard of them before.

If you like ice-skating, fit a Rubena. May bru, gooi n X-king oppie front

X-King UST not too heavy I see, it will give a bit more grip than a Monorail. Monorail on the back X-King front is a good combo. I would just dump those Crossmarks if not the LUST version.

I had a Crossmark on the front went to Monorail and are now back to Crossmark but the 2.25 Lust version not the 2.1.

Grips well and being Lust is bullet proof. Used Conti`s Race King UST but broke them.

With a nevegal you'll never look back 'cos you'll constantly be looking down due to the unpredictability of the thing, and its propensity to land you on your arse.

As for crossmarks for the front - only good on hardpack.

My favourite combo is the WTB Weirwolf / wolverine (front & back respectively) but the crossmark will do well for the back. Maybe look at an Ardent or a geax seaguro (sp?) or if you want to have a more aggressive tread, then the mountail king or x king.