Broken Fizik saddle

ChUkKy

Greetings all knowledgable ones!

The last ride I did I heard a squeaking noise from my bike, really REALLY really annoying, initially I thought it was my suspension linkages at the rear and wrote the issue off to dirt and needing to strip it all, clean and re-grease...

So the other day on some rough twisty bits I was standing and heard the noise was no longer there, so I sat my ass down again and the creaks came back.

I then checked out my saddle and saw it had snapped in the middle, the saddle is a Fizik Gobi XM. (I did find the saddle quite comfy, and I have had a SDG Bel Aire prior to this on my old hardtail)

So now I need to get a new saddle.

Ive been looking at options and saw the following I like:

Fizik Kurve :drool: - Very pretty, but read a few peoples have broken

SDG Formula FXR - A lot cheaper than the Fizik and also very pretty (I love the tan colour for some odd reason)

The SDG is a lot cheaper than the Fizik, can anyone tell me from experience if the SDG Ive mentioned above is any good compared to the Fizik which my bum liked?

Are there any other good options to look at and possibly try at a resaonable cost, the Kurve I think I have to sell a kidney to get and then the worry of it breaking.

I weigh 85kg in the afternoons :w00t:

Any useful information will be greatly appreciated

Send the saddle back... its a problem with the Fizik. They should warranty it.

It came on the bike which was bought from Cajees in Feb 2011 :ph34r:

Thanks JanMTB, I will give that a go for sure, with customer service like that its making me happy already I have their product!!

Hope they can help me out! Will update on the progress

Just for interest sake does it have oval rails and does it fit properly inthe clamp.

The rails look round to me, the seat came with my Giant Tranceas standard fitment

There was a previous fred concerning this topic. Mine also broke in exactly the same area. Got no joy from them and eventually replaced the saddle at my own cost. I remember there were a few hubbers that had the same problemo.

There was a previous fred concerning this topic. Mine also broke in exactly the same area. Got no joy from them and eventually replaced the saddle at my own cost. I remember there were a few hubbers that had the same problemo.

Looks like a few guys had some luck with Fizik directly as in the link JanMTB posted above, Ive given them a try so can only hold thumbs

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a few guys had some luck with Fizik directly as in the link JanMTB posted above, Ive given them a try so can only hold thumbs

An update on my saddle issue, I got hold of Fizik through the link above and they contacted me when they got back from summer holidays.

They were very apologetic about the break and are sending me a new saddle which I have been told will be here this week :clap:

This is customer service!!!!

An update on my saddle issue, I got hold of Fizik through the link above and they contacted me when they got back from summer holidays.

They were very apologetic about the break and are sending me a new saddle which I have been told will be here this week :clap:

This is customer service!!!!

Excellent! Eks bly jyt reg gekom en dat ek kon help! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...