Vino bows out…

Tumbleweed

Should have quit with the Olympic race. Now he'll roll in in 9th place. Rather should have gone out on top. IMHO.

he went out as the olympic champion. doesnt matter where he came in SSB.

great bike rider, cycling will miss him.

Gonna miss him... He reminds me a lot of Jens Voigt

Yeah, I will too.

Like him or not, he is one of the remaining few real characters of the sport.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Should have quit with the Olympic race. Now he'll roll in in 9th place. Rather should have gone out on top. IMHO.

He's got to ride at least one race with a gold bike and pimped kit and helmet...

http://www.cyclingfans.net/2012/images/2012_clasica_san_sebastian_alexandre_vinokourov_gold_bike1a.jpg

Well at least he got to ride a bike and kit in a pro tour race with some gold in the colour scheme, which an hounor for an Olympic Champion.

I still believe that Vino and Burry are brothers...

Have a closer look.

:ph34r:

What a career - controversial, with longevity.

He had balls........ Respect. How many stages/races did he go for that solo breakaway , just sorry bout the epo rust spots on past trophies

He's a legend! Cycling will mis him!

I would've stayed another season just to rock the pimped kit and gold bike! Looks awesome!

He's got to ride at least one race with a gold bike and pimped kit and helmet...

http://www.cyclingfans.net/2012/images/2012_clasica_san_sebastian_alexandre_vinokourov_gold_bike1a.jpg

Vino rocks! That gold colour looks quite 'kief' on frame. Pity about the bar tape.

Vino rocks! That gold colour looks quite 'kief' on frame. Pity about the bar tape.

Notice the gold-trimmed wiele too.

Bling bling!

Very cool if you have an Olympic gold medal in your cupboard.

He had balls........ Respect. How many stages/races did he go for that solo breakaway , just sorry bout the epo rust spots on past trophies

vino was never busted for epo... only blood doping.

That golden bike looks so cool, but yeah the handlebar tape looks a bit freddie mercury

Very disapppointed that this doper has gone out on such a high.

Was a big fan of his until he got bust. I'm all for lifetime bans for dopers. Their only regret is that they get caught.