Vanderbijlpark, Vereeniging mountain bikers

MTB Hein

I'm new here in Vanderbijlpark and looking for fellow mountain bikers to exercise with and to show me the nice MTB trails in the area.

MTB Hein,

PM me your mobile number. I'll give you a call. Not a lot of mountains.....but there's some nice trails along the Vaalriver.

How do you guys manage to train/ride there with all the air pollution?We did a fun ride there the other day there when I visited my friend in Jozi and my lungs were burning from all the crap in the air.

we smoke from a young age to protect our lungs :nuke:

seriously though, the air pollution isn't that bad no more .. with all the ISO 14000 regulations, the factories monitor their emissions quiet well

@ Hein

we have a 20km loop right in town that we ride alot in the week, convenient as you can ride from home, on weekends there are alot of options to consider, where about in Vanderbijl are you?

At least we have bragging rights on the fact that we can see what we breathe. Not that bad at the moment.....and a huge improvement on the air quality in the last 10 years. Especially from the industries side......but we will alway sit with the domestic coal burning from the informal settlements.... that is actually the biggest problem!

Back to riding.....

We are going to do a 80km on Saturday (dirt road between the farms in the region). LSD to get hours on the saddle for the Karoo-to-Coast ride on the 23rd of Sept. Welcome to join... Always cold beer afterwards!

Edited by Morwa

Hey Guys, I'm from Jo'burg but I'm usually in Deneysville every weekend, only do MTBing. I'd be keen to meet up with some hubbers if you guys are in the area.

Thanks guys for the replies

I'm staying in S.E. 8 in Vanderbijlpark. Looking forward to start practicing in the week with summer near by. Any weekend rides will also be super. Just PM me, then we could arrange something.

Hein

I'll give you a call when next I'm down as well as i am at the Vaal most weekends and also training for Karoo2coast.

We did the 70 km race from Stonehaven this morning and enjoyed it much more that the Argus ! Lekker fast and not as flat as i had hoped.....

MTB Hein, maybe pop by vanderbijlpark cycles they may be able to help out, usually there's a few roadies that MTB there too

Hey Guys, I'm from Jo'burg but I'm usually in Deneysville every weekend, only do MTBing. I'd be keen to meet up with some hubbers if you guys are in the area.

Hey Joe, I am also in Deneysville but only every second weekend. Send details, need some company!

• 4 weeks later...

Howzit guys. I am planning on doing a 2 to 3 hour ride this weekend from Vanderbijlpark (haven’t decided where to yet). Anyone want to join? Or maybe there is a group ride I can join. Please PM me if you want to join me or if you know of something else.

• 2 months later...

Hi There

I stay in Henley - On - Klip, I am new to Mountain biking. I would like to join a group to do a few trails.

Could anyone assist please.

Hi There

I stay in Henley - On - Klip, I am new to Mountain biking. I would like to join a group to do a few trails.

I'm in Heidelberg, lots of good technical riding here, mostly single track. Let me know if you want to join me on a ride I usually ride alone.

Could anyone assist please.