Cycling with glasses

Giant

As mentioned, prescription lenses can only be done up to a certain level. I currently have Rudy Projects with RX insert and will continue to spend my money on their products - medical aids have spent a total of over R25000 so that I can see, 2 families donated organs in the process. My eyes and eyesight are not going to be messed with.

I have previously had Bolle's also with inrt, they we amazing, but the cost is beyond my pocket (my pair had been sponsored and went AWOL in my 'shova crash).

The best is to get a good optometrist and chat to them and take their advice.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the need for special cycling glasses to ride in? I just ride in my regular glasses.

So you don't end up scratching/ damaging your day to day glasses, a pair of sport/ outdoor glasses have better covering of the eyes for not only the suns rays but also offer greater protection from stones and bugs. Besides, they look way better anyway.

@ the OP, have a look at the adidas range, great value for money. They also do full prescription as well as the RX inserts. Do a search there are loads of threads about this particular topic, this is a thread I started, I hope it helps.

I use Adidas evil eyes and the lenses are crap - not the prescription part, that is OK although they look a bit weird. The lense is tinted and scratches/bubbles easily.

I use Adidas evil eyes and the lenses are crap - not the prescription part, that is OK although they look a bit weird. The lense is tinted and scratches/bubbles easily.

That will be down to your optomotrist though and his choice/ grade of Polycarb chosen, I've had mine two years now, and they are still 100%.