Engen Dynamic Cycle Challenge 2012

avi_gurunand

Thanks AZ - saw those profile pics, but not much use without knowing what the figures say! I emailed the organisers, who sent me another copy of those pics...still illegible, though, so nobody knows how much climbing's involved...

I wish somebody would tell the organisers of all these events that the route map is not worth much to a MTB'er (as the routes are mostly in areas not normally open for riding), but that we reeeaaaallly want to have a look at those profiles before committing to something you should maybe not have attempted (weekend warriors like myself).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you get the info regarding the CSA license being valid until Dec 2012 with last years PPA membership? I just registered and logged on to CSA and it shows that my license has lapsed.

I called CSA and they told me. I then logged on and dowloaded my active membership card. There's obviously a glitch in the matrix with your membership - call them to check.

Guest Frail4Life

Who can CATCH a Thief???

I will be very much a Beast on a bike come Sunday! Do not think of Catching me on Sunday!

do anyone know how the seeding works? i got a no of 123 in the mtb and 2202 for the road, dont know where I will be starting and just curious?

Guest Frail4Life

do anyone know how the seeding works? i got a no of 123 in the mtb and 2202 for the road, dont know where I will be starting and just curious?

click on PPA Site to see your Road seeding. You will be given a Number at the Race.

Does any one know if this is a particularly hard race ? what is the junior bunch like ? around what time do they take to finish ?

Thanks

Does any one know if this is a particularly hard race ? what is the junior bunch like ? around what time do they take to finish ?

Thanks

Not really that hard. First section is fairly flat and fast. Only one real climb, and that is at Riebeecks Kasteel. After that a fast downhill section followed by rolling hills to the finish. Only thing adding a fair degree of difficulty to this race is the SE if its blowing.

Not really that hard. First section is fairly flat and fast. Only one real climb, and that is at Riebeecks Kasteel. After that a fast downhill section followed by rolling hills to the finish. Only thing adding a fair degree of difficulty to this race is the SE if its blowing.

Thanks for that info :thumbup:

Thanks it really helped.

Bothmanskloof Pass at 40 kms to marinade the legs.

Final 30 kms of endless rollers to test your stamina and a final climb at 92 kms to burn your final match.

Have a awesome race!

I'm assuming I can still register for the MTB on Saturday just before the event? Can't see anything that says not other than online entries are closed.

Guest Frail4Life

what are the chances of entering tomorrow at the venue?

Entries are Open for non Licenced riders Only.

Winning time for Elites was 2h12 by Jaco Venter. Anriette Schoeman won Ladies.

Edited by MCipollini