Bela Bela 5150

Garfield2010

So bitches who else is doing this race?

I think DaveM is.......... Will see you there. 99% chance of a wetsuit swim sounds good.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there family kids the whole 9 yards. BUT I got flu :( at the moment so may not be racing. If I am not better by the weekend I'll support the beer tent :thumbup:

got the wetsuit, the entry, did all the training, the ambition and the spirit, but wont be there.

have fun though.

got the wetsuit, the entry, did all the training, the ambition and the spirit, but wont be there.

have fun though.

But why not?

I will be there family kids the whole 9 yards. BUT I got flu :( at the moment so may not be racing. If I am not better by the weekend I'll support the beer tent :thumbup:

Seeker one should never race when ill. TO be more scientific, dont race if either you have a sore body, feaver or a high resting heart rate.

Should you however not have any of these consider racing. There is no cut off like in IM. Ok there is one but if you cant do an olympic distance race in 05h30 then I dont know.... I am starting 12h45 and the cutoff is 6PM!

But why not?

got my reasons, but main one: Head not in it at the moment.

oh to add to the list of expenses, a brand new Orca Tri-Suit as well...

Will keep everything, maybe I'll do the 70.3.....

Seeker one should never race when ill. TO be more scientific, dont race if either you have a sore body, feaver or a high resting heart rate.

Should you however not have any of these consider racing. There is no cut off like in IM. Ok there is one but if you cant do an olympic distance race in 05h30 then I dont know.... I am starting 12h45 and the cutoff is 6PM!

I am in wave 3 (old farts) think its 13h15. Normally I would do this in about 3hrs without much fuss. Perhaps if I am not 100% I will take it easy and watch the heart rate but I suppose best not take any chances I dont want to miss Oct 7 at Midmar.

I am in wave 3 (old farts) think its 13h15. Normally I would do this in about 3hrs without much fuss. Perhaps if I am not 100% I will take it easy and watch the heart rate but I suppose best not take any chances I dont want to miss Oct 7 at Midmar.

What you mean "old farts" :eek:

That is the group I am starting in... and no were near and old fart :ph34r:

What you mean "old farts" :eek:

That is the group I am starting in... and no were near and old fart :ph34r:

Well I suppose you may not be an old fart. At 47 I think I am in the old farts age group anyway :D .

Well I suppose you may not be an old fart. At 47 I think I am in the old farts age group anyway :D .

:whistling: Ok I am not there yet... 35 this side...

The only issue I have starting in the wave just before the girls is that the fast swimmers in the girls wave will almost certainly catch up and literally run you over. I do a 1.5k in about 35 mins at the moment, not much winter training, but the fast girls will be cruising and do the distance in about 15m+. At sun city I had the lead girls about 5 of them swim right over me like I was not even there. One of them kinda looked back to see what it was they run over and cruised on.

Garfield, can I hire you as a body guard with those unique techniques of yours against any overzealous women trying to jump me. swim over me.

Will see you all there. Going to try the bike on a GT peace SS 29", see if I can make it.

I'll be the guy breathing really hard on that long uphill