Bela Bela 5150

Garfield2010

So I just came back from the dr. 5150 is a no go. Very disappointing.

Bad luck. Sucks when that happens, I know.

I know it doesn't make it better, but it's important to remember it's just a race and there are plenty more this season. Rest up well.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lets just say that the water is damn cold. You can do the swim in a normal tri suit or costume whatever you want but believe me without a wet suit you gonna freeze.

A budgie smuggler is all I have, so it could be a cold swim. Sure the bike and run will warm me up though... :thumbup:

For those guys who've done the Bela Bela before:

I know this is kinda like a 'how long is a piece of string' question, with so many variables, but how likely is it for one to get cut off time wise on the bike or run?

I mean, how slow must one be to be cut off?

Edited by Bodhi

For those guys who've done the Bela Bela before:

I know this is kinda like a 'how long is a piece of string' question, with so many variables, but how likely is it for one to get cut off time wise on the bike or run?

I mean, how slow must one be to be cut off?

Well slow is relative... I don't know official cut off times but you are going to have to suck big time... like going at less than 20km/hour or something.....

Is that on the run, Garfield? :D

One of the reasons I ask is that, as I injured my ankle, would I be cut off if, worst case scenario, I walk most of the 10km?

I'm hoping my ankle is better by then, but I'm just wondering...

Is that on the run, Garfield? :D

One of the reasons I ask is that, as I injured my ankle, would I be cut off if, worst case scenario, I walk most of the 10km?

I'm hoping my ankle is better by then, but I'm just wondering...

The only times are 17:00 for bike road closure and 18:00 for whole thing but I think they allow a bit more than 18:00 for back markers

what time should we be leaving for Bela Bela on Sat morning from the Bryanston/Sandton area ?

I would say the absolute latest you could arrive is about 9h15, and its about 1h45 drive.

Leave at 7.

post-6252-0-68056800-1377092855_thumb.png

Latest weather report and news from the organizers, looks like last year without the wind :clap:

For those wondering, the ski-dam temperature at Forever Resorts Warmbaths is expected to be between 17 and 19 degrees making the swim leg of the 5150 Bela Bela Triathlon wetsuit OPTIONAL this Saturday.

• Fri
    23 Aug

http://africaweather.com/za/limpopo/bela-bela/overview/images/conditions/old/i-suncold.png
    9°C / 23°C
    No rain
    0%
    17.0 km/h
    NE

• Sat
    24 Aug

http://africaweather.com/za/limpopo/bela-bela/overview/images/conditions/old/i-suncold.png
    9°C / 27°C
    No rain
    0%
    12.0 km/h
    NW

• Sun
    25 Aug

http://africaweather.com/za/limpopo/bela-bela/overview/images/conditions/old/i-cloud.png
    12°C / 26°C
    No rain
    0%
    20.0 km/h
    NE

the wind last year was b****, coming down the big hill with a disc :eek:

if the wind picks up I'm drafting the caravans in the middle of the road ! :whistling:

Suffering from some serious FOMO... but I would have kakked if i was going as training has been non existent. to those doing it have fun.