MTBer hit by Zebra at Albert Falls.

Caerus

I was told a story yesterday that apparently happened at a race in KZN this past weekend at Albert Falls, where a rider was hit by a Zebra , it seems the animals are not to happy with us riders being there.

There is no footage this time(unfortunately), but the guy did get hit pretty hard and ended with cuts,bruises and a broken bike.

Has anyone else heard about it, or was possibly at the race to confirm any other details?

Edited by Caerus

I was there, the guys back wheel was really smashed properly.....This is at the same place where Evan was hit by a buck last year.....The animals really dont like us invading their space at Albert falls...

Edited by shawn

I was there, the guys back wheel was really smashed properly.....This is at the same place where Evan was hit by a buck last year.....The animals really dont like us invading their space at Albert falls...

Thanks for confirming this :thumbup:

I took this pic at the scene, you can clearly see his bike still lying next to the Zebra.

bwhahahahaha almost fell off my chair i am laughing so hard.

I took this pic at the scene, you can clearly see his bike still lying next to the Zebra.

You are such a Tjop! :clap: Two in one morning, you and Tumblewead, I might as well start a fire and braai.... bring some beers! :wacko:

Edited by Schwynn

This did happen and the zebra was not the only incident the 40km riders had a rhino cross the track between the 3rd and 4th riders and stop blocking the track from the 4th position backwards for 7 minutes everytime they tried going around him he would snort and shuffle in their direction so they had to play a waiting game until he moved off.

This did happen and the zebra was not the only incident the 40km riders had a rhino cross the track between the 3rd and 4th riders and stop blocking the track from the 4th position backwards for 7 minutes everytime they tried going around him he would snort and shuffle in their direction so they had to play a waiting game until he moved off.

Classic, they need to rename the race