Momsen 650b

RollandBounce

To those interested the momsen 650b frames are in stock now R10750...birthday wishlist :whistling:

http://www.momsenbikes.com/images/frames/sl650b_single_frame_web.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was taking a good look at this yesterday, also to see if Momsen are doing a 650b bike for 2013. Have to agree is overpriced. Am sure some will buy anyway!!

Its a HT, so not much RD required as I bet geometry and design changes are minimal. Suspension travel and angles are not an issue either. And for these reasons you might as well buy a 26 or 29 ht and just run 650b wheels. And in this case you can buy a Yeti BigTop frame for the same price, or many other options for even less.. Bit of a ripoff actually.

jip, would rather try a chinese special...

they are chinese specials with local branding :devil:

Its a HT, so not much RD required as I bet geometry and design changes are minimal. Suspension travel and angles are not an issue either. And for these reasons you might as well buy a 26 or 29 ht and just run 650b wheels. And in this case you can buy a Yeti BigTop frame for the same price, or many other options for even less.. Bit of a ripoff actually.

Glad you said it. Is it expensive purely because it is carbon?

Actually thinking of doing just that in converting my Superlight to 650b

Like theV said.... get a BigTop instead.... Can't even compare the two bikes. Like comparing a Bentley with a Tata. I didnt realize Momsen stickers where so expensive! :devil:

I have a Yeti Big Top and to say it outclasses the Momsen in every aspect is the under-statement of the century.

post-3250-0-22744600-1346075583.jpg

Momsen 650b built up, first on a shop floor in SA?

Actually a very nice looking bike, some build spec's and weight would be really interesting...

post-3250-0-22744600-1346075583.jpg

Momsen 650b built up, first on a shop floor in SA?

That bike would look great with 29'er wheels on :whistling:

I have a Yeti Big Top and to say it outclasses the Momsen in every aspect is the under-statement of the century.

BigTop's are really awesome, especially since it's a alu/carbon mix.

However my comments were more specific to the fact that they seem to be asking a premium price, just because it's 650b?

And therefore, why not rather just buy a 26er or 29er HT and do a 650b build, because in terms of geometries there wont be much in it either way?

Archived