Wheelie

Trivium

Hey Guys

For those of you at Groenkloof on saturday and saw the retard lying on his back in the parking lot, That was me :clap: :thumbup:

I have always sucked at doing wheelies, even when I was on my hardtail, now with being on a soft tail i find it hard to maintain once i get the front wheel off the ground. So i decided to do a proper wheelie, I put the bike into the second cog and 2nd gear, leaned back and pedaled like hell! before i knew it, it was further back than expected and i was on my back! Lying in the middle of the parking lot winded, was funny as hell!

People that saw it said that i was powering it so much that my back wheel was also airborne. I can still feel the wheelie!

Thought one or two of you may have a chcuckle at my EPIC FAIL!

Ps. I realized that I'm too good to do a wheelie

:oops:

Enjoy your mondays!

I know someone - let's say a friend - who has suffered the same indignity…in the same parking lot…

His "friends" were so concerned for his health that one screamed…"Quickly, get the camera!!!!!!!!!!"

Ta for the Monday giggle!

I wish someone got it on the camcorder! Glad to hear I'm not the only one that has done it before, Strada Was hosing himself at me! :clap: :clap:

Damned dude .... on the otherside of the country in CT I finally managed to get a decent wheelie going to a good + 20m, this after lots of first little wheelie pops and a about 5m long rides.

It just happened and felt right.

Yes, I also had a couple of spills as per your post above.

now i don't feel bad anymore.tried to show my son how to wheelie on sat and ended up as how not to wheelie.

ROFL! I know how you feel, don't worry!

My worst off was as a lightie, impressing birds at Midmar. Cue skateboard. On belly, from top of hill, screaming past looking all smug. Needed to stop at the bottom of the hill, otherwise I was going straight for the wall. So, guess what muppet does. Uses the pavement to stop. Well, the skateboard stopped. I didn't...

now i don't feel bad anymore.tried to show my son how to wheelie on sat and ended up as how not to wheelie.

Hahahahaha! I can imagine the kid going: "That's a wheelie? Bugger that, dad, I wanta play footie rather…"

Trivium, I've done a lot of silly things on a bike. I actually started to blame cameras for my talent failures as there always seemed to be one around when I hit the deck…

I have never been able to wheelie let alone lift the front wheel decently. I was test riding a mates bike one day at Phambili and decided to try lift the wheel. The front end was so light i went over backwards in the parking lot.

The next day i went and bought a bike just like his!

ROFL! I know how you feel, don't worry!

My worst off was as a lightie, impressing birds at Midmar. Cue skateboard. On belly, from top of hill, screaming past looking all smug. Needed to stop at the bottom of the hill, otherwise I was going straight for the wall. So, guess what muppet does. Uses the pavement to stop. Well, the skateboard stopped. I didn't...

Depends what kind of birds, but normally seed impresses them most. Bigger birds, like geese or ducks just love a slice of old bread.

I have never been able to wheelie let alone lift the front wheel decently. I was test riding a mates bike one day at Phambili and decided to try lift the wheel. The front end was so light i went over backwards in the parking lot.

The next day i went and bought a bike just like his!

A sucker for punishment :)

Worst part of it all was there were no Hot girls watching :thumbdown:

I don't wheelie-sic.Keep it real don't wheelie

I agree!!!

:lol:

Practise wheelies like this:

Flat pedals

Lower saddle

Drag rear brake.

If you going over backwards, a handful of brake will have you slamming your front down quicksticks. Actively practise going too far over and then getting off the back so that you learn where the point of no return is. Then try and control it with the rear brake.

Depends what kind of birds, but normally seed impresses them most. Bigger birds, like geese or ducks just love a slice of old bread.

Hot ones. Bigger breasted cockgobbler, to be exact.

okay - mind distinctly in gutter now.