Calling all the singlespeed manne

rouxtjie

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were. Black niner, blue GT and silver 26er. Around 09:15.

We were in a group of 8 but only got there well after 10am.

Not an ss rider, but does having an oval chainblade help with hills?

Nah don't think so...its more about finding a rythm on some hills you have one shot at climbing it(well me at least) so its all about not burning all your matches, keeping a rythm and momentum and getting to the top. Sounds weird but this is the part that I really enjoy about SS'ing.

We were. Black niner, blue GT and silver 26er. Around 09:15.

Jislaik guys, you dont play fair! I go on my 1st proper SS ride with JC and Rouxtjie on my lekker little 26er and then on the way back the okes say "try this Niner or ride this GT"ph34r.png just to "see what its like"........ faaark those SS 29ers are fast compared to a SS 26er even with a 32:16.........these boys are going to fully responsile for my irresponsible financial management in the not too distant future........eek.gif

Jislaik guys, you dont play fair! I go on my 1st proper SS ride with JC and Rouxtjie on my lekker little 26er and then on the way back the okes say "try this Niner or ride this GT"ph34r.png just to "see what its like"........ faaark those SS 29ers are fast compared to a SS 26er even with a 32:16.........these boys are going to fully responsile for my irresponsible financial management in the not too distant future........eek.gif

It was a fun day out. Don't know how you kept up on the silver surfer. Its a beautiful bike though.

Edited by jcmeyerSS

Ha Ha rouxtjie is always handing out that SS of his to try. which He handed out beer that often ph34r.png Don't worry if I had been in town and had not broken my frame I would ahve been there on my 26er...... Next time (just not sure what SS bike i wll have yet but should know this week)

It was a fun day out. Don't know how you kept up on the silver surfer. Its a beautiful bike though.

+1 jol...coffee run on a sunday.

That blue GT has the perfect gearing imo. 34-18 yes?

Ha Ha rouxtjie is always handing out that SS of his to try. which He handed out beer that often ph34r.png Don't worry if I had been in town and had not broken my frame I would ahve been there on my 26er...... Next time (just not sure what SS bike i wll have yet but should know this week)

Think we need to make SpruitSingleSpeedSunday (SSSS) a regular thing.

Cmon up your game...get your bike rolling boetie...you are loosing some serious points rolling on gears. I hope you going rigid this time

+1 jol...coffee run on a sunday.

That blue GT has the perfect gearing imo. 34-18 yes?

I reckon I'd *** off at a Thaba or kings but for most of the GP rides it'll be sweet.

Think we need to make SpruitSingleSpeedSunday (SSSS) a regular thing.

I am in...you got some lekker skills bru, kicking your tail out on some of those jumps on a rigid nogals...loved it

Cmon up your game...get your bike rolling boetie...you are loosing some serious points rolling on gears. I hope you going rigid this time

Not loose points with gears cause i have not even been ridin that bike

That was fun on Sunday. Its what riding a bike should beclap.gif . By the way that rigid fork I have will fit so guess what I am doing this week........

That was fun on Sunday. Its what riding a bike should beclap.gif . By the way that rigid fork I have will fit so guess what I am doing this week.......

Love your work Mike!