IM70.3 SA 2013

Blindspot

smile.png, thanks, and that was with a flat that took 4 minutes to fix.

Yip, we must have beaten each other a few times around the buoys.

I did a substitution, but it looks like the organisers kept the original guy's name.

Even more impressive ... 4 mins for a flat! biggrin.png

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys.

If anyone is looking for a wetsuit to do their first 70.3 in I am selling my Xterra Vortex 4.

Used once (70.3 2012)!!!

A great wetsuit.

It is a Large - I am 191cm tall and weigh 85kg if that helps.

Drop me a msg if you are interested. brandon@signcredible.co.za

You can contact Terry on

Anyone know how I can rent/hire a wetsuit for Jan?

Contact Terry on (oh seven nine four eight 2 4658)terry@xterrawetsuits.co.za

The guy is super efficient and really helpful. He'll send it up to you wherever you are.

Used him for Bela Bela and was blown away by his help.

J

You can contact Terry on

Contact Terry on (oh seven nine four eight 2 4658)terry@xterrawetsuits.co.za

The guy is super efficient and really helpful. He'll send it up to you wherever you are.

Used him for Bela Bela and was blown away by his help.

J

Thanks J.... I'll give him a shout tomorrow

Thanks Guys! All sorted....Terry is definately on top of things and has sorted things out, Thanks.......

Edited by grantbrimson

Who of the PE or Eastern Cape hubbers will be doing the Ocean Series swim on Sunday?

I'll be there. Hoping for better swimming conditions this time.

Went to the briefing last night - pretty cool actually feeling rather psyched.

They have GU on board this yr as their nutritian sponsor... Obviously they are promoting the sponsor but they did make the point that if possible use what they have on the course since this just makes your life easier (gu chomps / gels every 3km on the run, gu bru at each station on the bike as well...

Any thoughts on this? My perception was gu is too high GO but seems they have a low GI version as well (Roctane?).

Edited by dracs

They have GU on board this yr as their nutritian sponsor... Obviously they are promoting the sponsor but they did make the point that if possible use what they have on the course since this just makes your life easier (gu chomps / gels every 3km on the run, gu bru at each station on the bike as well...

Any thoughts on this? My perception was gu is too high GO but seems they have a low GI version as well (Roctane?).

Im not a big fan of gels in general but I must say the new GU peanut butter is actually quite good. It has no caffieine which was previously my issue as the resulted in cramps.

So I guess Power Bar is out of it then.

For me 32gi and GU chomps on the bike and water and a gel every 45min on the run. That's how I did it this year and most certainly will do it next year again.

What normally comes in your goodie bag at the SA 70.3? The reason for me asking is that this weekend I saw a couple of people walking around with their Ironman back packs. Now they sell for R160 on the online shop, however if you get one before the race their is no use in buying one now.

What normally comes in your goodie bag at the SA 70.3? The reason for me asking is that this weekend I saw a couple of people walking around with their Ironman back packs. Now they sell for R160 on the online shop, however if you get one before the race their is no use in buying one now.

You definitely get the back pack as your goody bag when you register. Also the quality is not such that I would purchase one separately.

You definitely get the back pack as your goody bag when you register. Also the quality is not such that I would purchase one separately.

Thanks Showtime. Walked around with a normal kit bag this weekend and it was a big schlep. Paying R900 bucks for an Orca or 2xu transition bag also doesn't really make any sense to me at this point