IM70.3 SA 2013

Blindspot

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How will I know if my helmet is CPSC approved, must there be sticker attached to it confirming the aformentioned?

I believe all major brands of helmet are approved accepted so should not be an issue. Do you have an unusual helmet?

I believe all major brands of helmet are approved accepted so should not be an issue. Do you have an unusual helmet?

Bought a cheapie Mr Price Maxed helmet about two years ago..

Check for an SABS mark. I believe it should have one to be sold in SA. If so, it should be legal 70.3. I can't see the event organisers overruling SABS.

Check for an SABS mark. I believe it should have one to be sold in SA. If so, it should be legal 70.3. I can't see the event organisers overruling SABS.

Visited the local LBS, I see the safety qulification mark CE 1078 and CPSC is the same, the first being the European mark and the latter one American. If I understood it correctly. In any event bought a new helmet, just to make one hundred percent sure.

Does anybody know what the rules are regarding your zip on your race top? Slummies is always hot and humid in January and I always get crapped on and told to zip my top up. I have searched all the rules but cannot find anything relevant to this.

Edited by Foxbat

Had a quick look at TSA and ITU website for uniform rules. Only refers to ITU events and logos etc. Although I have observed athletes being told to zip up in Jhb Tri Series. I would suggest that the local competition should have specific rules.

Logic says you should not expose more than a ladies tri suit would. A sensible benchmark would be not to show your HR monitor strap.

I am out, injury has not healed and wont be able to race. I have a return ticket form CT to EL on SAA, leaving 6h00 on the 18th and returning Monday evening - PM me if anyone is interested in buying it off me.

I am out, injury has not healed and wont be able to race. I have a return ticket form CT to EL on SAA, leaving 6h00 on the 18th and returning Monday evening - PM me if anyone is interested in buying it off me.

Eish thats bad luck JGR. I hope you recover and get the tickets sold. Real pity that entries cant be substituted.

My training is going really well and I would actually have loved to do this race..........

Sorry Bud....

Goodluck!

Eish thats bad luck JGR. I hope you recover and get the tickets sold. Real pity that entries cant be substituted.

My training is going really well and I would actually have loved to do this race..........

Thanks bro, subs closed on the 20th. I didnt take out the insurance on the entry but ive been told you can maybe get parcial refund in a case of serious injury. Losing the cash on a ticket/entry and the hours put in is a double blow. New rule - no MTB races before IM ...... oops.gif

Considering one of the challenge events in barcelona or maybe biting the bullet and going the whole hog in PE. what are your thoughts on the midmar race?

Two weeks to go. How are you guys feeling and how was the training over the festive season?

I did my last long run and cycle over the weekend and have started the tapering period from today, with my focus on swimming. I am feeling ok and more or less where I hoped to be by this time.

Edited by ADe