Cape Town Riders. Submit your TMNP MTB trails. Legal or illegal.

kandui

I have just had a very nice breakfast (ok ok, it was a meeting) with one prominent personality very involved in the international mountain biking world.. BOY OH BOY! ..OH BOY!

OH BOY!

OH BOY OH BOY!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

......get back to the bridge from whence you came. .......

I cannot believe that HITHERTO I've been riding with someone who uses words like WHENCE! What next? ;)

I had to look it up.. :blush:

Thanks for your entry btw.. did the old lady have such a profound effect on you??!! :blink:

I cannot believe that HITHERTO I've been riding with someone who uses words like WHENCE! What next? ;)

Edited by Pain or Shine

Could I ask you, as a rider.. did you attend the Forum meeting held on the 22nd?

hey, I thought I was on your ignore list?

Nope, I wasn't at the meeting.

I've stated how I feel about the original post. You disagree. Cool. I'm really indifferent about your ad hominem views pal. I don't even know you.

hey, I thought I was on your ignore list?

I've stated how I feel about the original post. You disagree. Cool. I'm really indifferent about your ad hominem views pal. I don't even know you.

Yet you state your views without even bothering to consider the efforts of others, nor the facts presented to you. Well done

Guest Omega Man

Have you ever been to a build day?

there are lots of areas in Hout Bay that are "ridable" and i do ride on but they are not officially bicycle tracks nor are there any signs saying that you can not

Some of these are in Sanparks areas. It would be nice to actually get an official track going here.

:thumbup:

Guest Omega Man

by his previous admissions, no.

People like that are EXACTLY what is wrong with our country. Always quick to point out the faults in others actions. But when they are asked to help out they always have something more important to do or somewhere more important to be.

People like that are EXACTLY what is wrong with our country. Always quick to point out the faults in others actions. But when they are asked to help out they always have something more important to do or somewhere more important to be.

He doesn't care..

I'm not playing this game with TMNP and if you think it's worthwhile, you go for it. The parks have done very little for MTB over the years. I'm certainly NOT going to tell anyone where some of the trails are on this range. Many of them have been kept secret for years and years, and I feel they should stay that way. For some of us, quite a bit of blood and sweat went into making them too.

First lets see the singletracks being built on the trails below the cableway, since these were supposedly on the cards a while back. Let's see something from their side first. The parks are full of promises, with very little delivery. We have to worry about security too.

Bottom line though, if the parks don't know about the trails built in their areas, then it means they are not patrolling there, which means that they will do stuff all to upkeep them, and actually will try to fine riders with passion for exploring.

Sadly, your post shows you want exclusivity. Trails being kept secret with your blood and sweat that went into making them. Only you and your select secret group can ride them. No one else, because then it is not secret. Considering that others are trying to get a workable solution for everyone, you dont want your "secret club" out in the open. You are speaking for a whole lot of others of your secret group/club. Have you checked if you can speak for them ?

I have a problem with people doing things on behalf of others. Good luck with your painful quest, but I hope you don't end up just giving them a list of all the places people ride and messing up trails that have been there for some time (with no impact on anyone, and a few who ride them). I won't be giving any info, and I hope the other riders think twice as well.

I'm saying all of this because another sport that I dearly love has had the exact same process happen. It went from one tiny area of concern, then some over-zealous process loving individuals opened up a can of worms that sees most if not all areas coming under the spotlight.

Please answer my questions in my previous post. Thanks

You are correct here, people should not really speak on behalf of others. Having said this, you are aware that Parks own the land. Let me be clear, they OWN the land, that makes them landowners. That means they can do what they want with the land, including getting rid of mountain bikers. A forum, who speak for a group by sheer nature of a forum, have a better chance of keeping access to the land. What you are saying just supports the view that mountain bikers should not have access to the land.

Personally, I find it odd that you believe you have absolute right to access what you want, when you want on the moutain, but the simple fact is that it is not your mountain. It is SANPARKS. Simple.