Stolen Specialized Tarmac (SL)

Decapod_Crew

as per 2nd post ....."or maybe not, i don't know".... if any one knows the area, i only assumed it might be stolen because of the area, and it is out of place in an area where 2k - 3k is 3 full months wages. he might be the captain of the local cycling club...a member of BEN...i dont know...and i will approach him, and ask. if he tells me to **** off. good for him....and we'll never know the real story.

As a start, how about changing the title of the thread as you don't have the facts, man.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the 'area' is the problem and because you saw him riding in that 'area' it has to suspicious. If he was riding in your 'area' would he also be suspicious.

here..."Rider not wearing a helmet and is not a gardener so i am pretty sure his boss did not give it to him. Maybe he has some generous friends. just saying, it looked strange" .....seems to be very similar..what does a gardner look like, hmm i wonder.... and if i knew how to change the title i would add a ?. (@puncheur)

and here another one, from a different post about a stolen bike...."a scruffy looking african guy was riding it"

and i don't judge the people posting and add random comments about being politcally incorrect with their description

You did the right thing by posting it, you felt it was a stolen bike and posted it! Unfortunately your getting allot of crap for doing the right thing by people who don't think before they post.

Who can say for certain if the bike is stolen or not, there was not racial intent when posting the pic, there was an intension of trying to help someone locate their bike if it is stolen and asking advice about what to do.

Who ever brought out the racial dispute, I feel sorry for you that your still living in that era and have not moved on, its 2012.

Well done for posting it. Hopefully the bike is not stolen. Confront the guy asks some questions. There is nothing wrong with asking questions TO ANYBODY.

ja decapod_crew, we all have eyes and some people actually use them,

you were not accusing @ all so dont listen to people getting stroppy with you.

i am always on the lookout for stolen bikes, not because i want confrontation, but because as a fellow cyclist i believe it is the correct thing to do, and i would hope that everyone is aware, but clearly some people think that it is normal for someone to look awkward as h3ll on a bike with the incorrect shoes for the type of pedals (that is my primary lookout sign).

Bike theft is rife, and if a oke looks suspicious....i WILL do something about it (follow and call cops)

So at very least well done for being aware and posting the question.

Sorry but this man doesn't look awkward on the bike.

When I ride my racing bike to the shops with normal shoes and a hubber drives past me, I sure dam home he or she takes a picture and loads it onto the hub under the stolen section.

So, if the owner doesn't post anything...whats the plan of action? confront him...take the bike and give to charity......police....i drive around the area often. so need advice plainly said....this gent shouldn't be riding a bike like that one.

Good intention to the op. Just don't make statements like the one above.

Edited by Let's Ride

So, if the owner doesn't post anything...whats the plan of action?

confront him...take the bike and give to charity......police....i drive around the area often. so need advice

plainly said....this gent shouldn't be riding a bike like that one.

What are you implying by, "this gent shouldn't be riding a bike like that one'.

Why, are you simply judging him by his skin colour???

Come on man. So when I drive my car in my PJ's and you happen to see me will you also take a photo of me?

I certainly will. I might even post it on "The People of Walmart" site. Lots of Hillbillies around in the suburbs nowadays. We need to expose them...