Chain Reaction Cycles experience

Clinton1

You'll only pay 15% VAT - there are no duties on wheelsets.

Check out the Duty Calculator

Order I got 2 weeks ago was parts which wheels fall under parts worked out to 16.3%.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Order I got 2 weeks ago was parts which wheels fall under parts worked out to 16.3%.

Was that including or excluding the R30 dispatch fee?

Oh, and also is that based on what your CRC basket said, or what came off your credit card?! Because they are 2 different things. Currency conversion fees apply.

I just worked it on the amount I paid at PO compared to what came off credit card. It was one item and I didnt bother to split it.

I just worked it on the amount I paid at PO compared to what came off credit card. It was one item and I didnt bother to split it.

oh yeah, then the R30 dispatch fee could have affected the VAT

My last order I used DHL.

The order was R2680. DHL cost R200. When the order got to Jhb, SARS added another R430. (No clothes. Just seatposts, brake pads and drivetrain stuff.

After seeing the delay at Jhb SARS, I contacted DHL via email. They sent me their banking details. I had to pay the tax into their account to get them to pay SARS. For their "trouble", they added another R100.

DHL handled it very professionally, but just watch out. My R2680 order ended up at R3410. It just goes to show that if you are in a hurry, you do no pay less at CRC. Rather go local.

Depending on exactly how much your order is worth, how much it weighs, and how big it is, they'll automatically upgrade you to ParcelForce and you'll get a tracking number as part of your free delivery.

Closer inspection of all the paperwork shows that the second package was indeed sent via ParcelForce. It was no bigger nor more valuable than the first one. That was the package with the invoice showing detailed contents stuck to the outside of the box. Perhaps the reason that one was hit with duties and not the first one. Maybe Royal Mail has its advantages after all :)

Last order I placed said that too. But I took a chance on the "South Africa Standard Delivery" and it was free, via Parcelforce, and trackable.

Leap of faith, but turned out fine :D

post-10758-0-73071300-1347367567.jpg

I always use the standard delivery and it always has a tracking number.... as I have said earlier and highlighted !! :clap:

Still waiting for a multi-tool I ordered on 29 June 2012.....was shipped through Royal Mail and the post office cannot track anything cause there is no tracking number...

I am still waiting for that slip in the post box to tell me to collect.... WTF!

Cll the sapo track and trace call line, wait on hold of a while, tell then the situation, give them the international tracking number and ask for the SA one, have done this on more than 5 of my crc orders, works every time.

Just got the little slip in the post for my latest CR order. XTR pedals and a set of Hope Race Evo brakes - all for wifey's bike :-(

Just totted it up - have spent about R30k in the last 2 years on Chain Reaction. I think golf may be a cheaper option...

Its coming Splat. Hopefully by end of week. Its two weeks tomorrow from dispatch date. I threw another order in on Sunday. My credit card is takIng a serious beating.

Patience. Just got home to find a little slip from PO to collect. Now thats not too bad. Order dispatched two weeks ago and its here. Cant wait to pick goodies up. Nogal free postage also and via Royalmail.

They don't send you a tracking number but if you look at your order on CRC you will see that Parcelforce.com (Royal Mail parcel business) does issue a tracking number that let's you know exactly where your parcel is.

Until it arrives in good ol RS of A that is. Then it enters a void like that found in the space in a Big Tex fanboy's head where the rest of us have brains.

As I said the void is our SAPO guys, can't be arsed to do their jobs.

Parcel is in my bike shed in Cape Town but according to tracking at parcelforce.com the package is still in Jozi.

10 days from order on a Sunday to Cape Town. Not bad. Paid 14 and a bit % VAT (exchange rate variance) plus R35. Saved thousands.

My last order I used DHL.

The order was R2680. DHL cost R200. When the order got to Jhb, SARS added another R430. (No clothes. Just seatposts, brake pads and drivetrain stuff.

After seeing the delay at Jhb SARS, I contacted DHL via email. They sent me their banking details. I had to pay the tax into their account to get them to pay SARS. For their "trouble", they added another R100.

DHL handled it very professionally, but just watch out. My R2680 order ended up at R3410. It just goes to show that if you are in a hurry, you do no pay less at CRC. Rather go local.

Umm, if you shop online without calculating in all the extras before you click 'Confirm Order', then there is a problem, Houston...

Closer inspection of all the paperwork shows that the second package was indeed sent via ParcelForce. It was no bigger nor more valuable than the first one. That was the package with the invoice showing detailed contents stuck to the outside of the box. Perhaps the reason that one was hit with duties and not the first one. Maybe Royal Mail has its advantages after all :)

my last correspondence with them was as follows: free shipping goes with Royal mail if the parcel weighs less than 2kg, if its more then it goes parcelforce, regardless of size or value.

My last 4 orders from CRC over the past 3 months have all been stuffups. Every order has had stuff left out. What pisses me off most is I have to pay import duties and vat AGAIN when they post me the stuff as a separate order.

Sure they respond within a day or 2, but it gets frustrating after a run of mishaps and doesn't look to be getting better