Race for Victory seeding

Zatek

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apology accepted. Let's move on...

You stood in front the mirror when you said that? ;)

Otherwise: How to be an idjut self-entitled wheelsucker - the advanced course, by Scooterza

The problem with wheelsuckers is that they WILL sprint you on the line for 480th after you having pulled them for 100kms. And they'll probably take out your front wheel in doing so. Get rid of as many of them as soon as possible...

Will racetec remove the 9 riders from in front of Jules and fix up the results? or will the 75kmph rider stay on top

I think the winner in the short race was on a ZX10 or something for his 198kmph average :whistling:

Will racetec remove the 9 riders from in front of Jules and fix up the results? or will the 75kmph rider stay on top

I think the winner in the short race was on a ZX10 or something for his 198kmph average :whistling:

198 is not shabby for the route, even for a ZX10!

Edited by RoboCyclist

Guys, I feel we are missing the point a bit talking about "it's your choice" etc.

Here is the point. We were riding CL. Not AL or pros or elites etc.

There is only 1 reason to gutter and that is that you are trying to make those behind you suffer. Which I 100% understand if you are pushing for a top 10 finish. NOBODY in that group would have finished top 10 or even top 50. So why make others suffer more?

By riding on the right, the NETT effect was that the group DID ride on or over the white line. I personally didn't cross the white line but saw many that did. I also saw motorists getting very irate with that kind of dangerous behaviour.

Whilst I agree that it's a free world, the guy(s) at the front know that guttering has this impact and they did it anyway. Which in my opinion is not a decent way to ride.

Had I dropped off the back and tried to start my own group, I probably would have been left to ride solo for several k's. There is no guarantee that the next group wouldn't have been guttering too. So, not a very compelling idea. Better to hang in there.

Clearly some here won't agree with me but I think that using pro tactics when you are a plodder CL rider (which I most definitely am) is pathetic.

best you stick to mountain biking or chess then.

Me personally - if I see you are riding behind me, I will ride in such a way as to make it easiest for you. I won't negatively impact my own ride but if riding on the left is safest for you and makes no difference to me, then I will ride on the left. That's how I ride. But perhaps I am not "hard" enough to make those fellow cyclists behind me suffer! Grrrrr!!

what nonsense. you are causing danger to the entire group if you are looking behind you and not concentrating on whats happening ahead of you. no wonder there are so many crashes in road races... the last thing on most peoples mind (unless you are racing VA, is making people suffer). most are trying to stay sheltered in the bunch out of the wind and conserve energy for their next pull in front.

edit: unless they are delivering pizza and waiting to sprint the end...

Edited by Li Mu Bai

@Scooterza

I agree with you. The guys will moan if you don't take turns or they will attack and you will drop off. If the guy wants to pull and don't want any help it is his problem.

Saw some very dangerous guttering in some vets classes where oncoming traffic had to pull off the road.

yup that happened with us!!

The problem with wheelsuckers is that they WILL sprint you on the line for 480th after you having pulled them for 100kms. And they'll probably take out your front wheel in doing so. Get rid of as many of them as soon as possible...

and if they dont take you out, they will give you that "ha i beat you" look :)