"The Secret Shop"

patches

Checked it out. Really cool. Thanks Patches. Some nice savings over CRC. Pity about the postage. € 35-40 is a bit heavy but could probably make it up by buying a few things at once.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked it out. Really cool. Thanks Patches. Some nice savings over CRC. Pity about the postage. € 35-40 is a bit heavy but could probably make it up by buying a few things at once.

eggs-actley!

I made sure I had atleast 4 sizable items in the cart before shipping. Group ordering to split shipping costs is another option

Thanks, as for most things you still need to compare the prices for what you need between the two websites.

pedals for instance, CRC mtb shimano's are cheaper. (PB xtr = R1262.54, CRC = R1093.11)

edit: OOPs sorry, changed to RSA on PB, and the vat was removed, better price (1053). thanks.

Edited by Li Mu Bai

She's not a man, neither does she do DH, but my crush goes to Ms Batty.......

Guest Omega Man

No 29'er tyres listed :unsure:

That's cos europeans are heterosexual. Jas joking.

Edited by Omega Man

Shipping is either 34 euro or 39 euro to RSA - can be the limiting factor when comparing to free shipping from CRC...

No 29'er tyres listed :unsure:

That's cos europeans are heterosexual. Jas joking.

hahahahaha!

but yes, what Omega Man said is true! 2 weeks in france and we only saw 2 29ers. 1 on the trails. and another one in a shop (bearing in mind that there is a bike shop on nearly every street corner in Morzine and Les Gets). So without getting into the whole debate... lets just say that the French aren't 29er mal like Saffers are.

Guest Omega Man

hahahahaha!

but yes, what Omega Man said is true! 2 weeks in france and we only saw 2 29ers. 1 on the trails. and another one in a shop (bearing in mind that there is a bike shop on nearly every street corner in Morzine and Les Gets). So without getting into the whole debate... lets just say that the French aren't 29er mal like Saffers are.

I saw 2 29ers in 2 weeks there too. To be fair the riding over there just does not lend itself to 29ers.

I had trouble on some of the steep stuff making the turns on my 26incher. Can you imagine having 29er wheels under you?

Edited by Omega Man

Prices all appear in euros even when you select SA from the list.

CRC when SA is selected, it changes the price to rand.

Guest Omega Man

It converts it for me. I think it's your browser. You should open your browser. Go to Tools>>Options>>Advanced and click the show currency in Rands option. That should sort it out.

Edited by Omega Man

It converts it for me. I think it's your browser. You should open your browser. Go to Tools>>Options>>Advanced and click the show currency in Rands option. That should sort it out.

Will try that :thumbup:

yes CRC does that, BUT, it can be problematic because their exchange rate updates quite slowly so you may be bluffed in thinking your are getting one great price and then when you pay it may be more that appears on your credit card statement. (or less if the rand miraculously strengthens)

Received my 1st "secret shop" order today (placed last Thursday).

post-10758-13473879084423.jpg

post-10758-13473879476713.jpg

(along with 2 tyres and a rear shock spring, but those are boring)

Very impressed! Only draw back is that the users manual for the helmet is in French. But i saved nearly R3000 on the CRC landed price, so I can deal

Lol @ your secret shop, search the forums, i have been telling people about it for about 9 months?

I even placed two orders, 1 @ CRC, 1 @ PBS at the same time and posted which got here first, etc?

:clap:

www.probikeshop.com

in Online Shopping

Started by TheV, 22 Oct 2011

Edited by TheV

Lol, maybe I should also just tell you about some "other secret shops" worth checking out, maybe in a year you can come back and post about them :whistling:

http://www.bike24.com - german based, you cannot change "display" currency, however be sure to change "for shipment to" it will cancel EU tax and show real "SA" price. Note, on your first order they will ask you to send a copy of your id and a picture of your credit card, you can blank out some numbers, etc.... they just want to clear you... after that it's smooth sailing. Best place for Tacx and other cool goodies...

http://www.aspirevelotech.com - US based, they ship direct with fedex express, strange thing my shipments have always cleared customs without any charges or delays, not even vat...awesome service, all things Chris King, my source for fancy gold headsets... yummy...

http://www.jensonusa.com - best place for frames, they wont ship direct, so you need to use a forwarding service..

Edited by TheV