29er please help

jared

my wife is looking at getting a new mtb , but is in dire-straights , because of all the debate ?

i know she needs to test a few bikes but i need some more insight about this ?

she is 1.62m short and weighs 54kg?

she is into doing the half marathon Nissan series races and other similar ones too

what do you think she should do?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know i love the difference between the 2. the 29er is much better...however im 1.88 m. there are so many different points of view...its best to borrow one somehow and let her ride it.

At 1.62m she might have a problem with the standover height of many 29ers. She will HAVE to try all bikes on your shortlist. What about a 27.5? Bigger wheels than 26er, but not quite as tall as a 29er.

i know i love the difference between the 2. the 29er is much better...however im 1.88 m. there are so many different points of view...its best to borrow one somehow and let her ride it.

Yeah, but you were slower on the naaainer ;)

I know several people ( friends) who are under 1.6m tall and love their 29ers ( actually two are on medium frames with no problems), just test ride, IMHO big wheels work very well for shorter people.

I know Momsen are bringing out small and extra small 29ers, although I doubt she would need less than a small.

At 1.62m she might have a problem with the standover height of many 29ers. She will HAVE to try all bikes on your shortlist. What about a 27.5? Bigger wheels than 26er, but not quite as tall as a 29er.

yip also an option will look at that too but only available next year

The new Silverback 27.5 range looks like tasty value...

http://www.silverbacklab.com/2011_website_SILVERBACK/2013/images/syncra1.jpg

Verrrrryyyy nice ! but looking for a duely

yip also an option will look at that too but only available next year

If you give us an indication of how much she is willing to spend and whether she wants a hardtail or dual-suspension, the folks around here will be much better equipped to give sound advice ;)

Hi!

I'm 1.66 and weigh 54. Bought a 29er for hubby and 26er for myself and converted it to a 650B. It is the best thing I could do! Love the in-betweener!

I'm 1.74 and ride a Medium 26 and Small 29r. I think she'll battle with a 29r.

I am also 1.74 and recon that the size of 29er is already border line, especially on technical climbs. I would also recommend looking at 27.5.

Verrrrryyyy nice ! but looking for a duely

Aaaaaah, now we know! The Santa Cruz Tallboy medium has a low standover height and is fine for most people 5'5"->

EDIT: Silverback also has a 27.5 duallie in its new lineup.

Edited by Delilah

Hi!

I'm 1.66 and weigh 54. Bought a 29er for hubby and 26er for myself and converted it to a 650B. It is the best thing I could do! Love the in-betweener!

on what bike did you do the conversion?