Kirsty Thompson/Raynard Tissink Tri Bike Stolen - Crimeline twitter feed

V12man

Ok so now she has 2 bikes (her bike and the new sponsored bike). I say auction off the old bike (as Trek would prefer her riding with their new one) and donate the proceeds to charity....

Great that she got it back, but let me get this straight.

She qualifies(in P.E I suppose) on her own bike.

Trains under Raynard for the last few months.

Then decides at the last minute to use his custom bike.

Without ever riding it?

Sounds bizarre, as far as I know custom made doesn't mean much if it wasn't made for you. I suppose she's probably already there, trying to get the thing shipped out to hawaii. I've probably got it wrong, but given the press release that's what it looks like.

Great that she got it back, but let me get this straight. She qualifies(in P.E I suppose) on her own bike. Trains under Raynard for the last few months. Then decides at the last minute to use his custom bike. Without ever riding it? Sounds bizarre, as far as I know custom made doesn't mean much if it wasn't made for you. I suppose she's probably already there, trying to get the thing shipped out to hawaii. I've probably got it wrong, but given the press release that's what it looks like.

There is a pic on FB of her with the new Trek bike. Now which one does she ride? Trek will obviously want her to ride the new "sponsored bike" which is I guess a P5?

There is a pic on FB of her with the new Trek bike. Now which one does she ride? Trek will obviously want her to ride the new "sponsored bike" which is I guess a P5?

She was on that bike for at least the last 6 weeks. Trek gave her the same set-up as Raynard had her on. I think she is on a Speed Concept 9.9!

She's not a Trek sponsored athlete though so will give the bike back after Kona and come back to the Raynard Tissink bike in SA. Let's hope for an age-group win, she has what it takes!

Dude, seriously, a P5? Somehow I don't think Trek would sponsor her a P5! Unless I'm misunderstanding you, in which case please help me out?

Dude, seriously, a P5? Somehow I don't think Trek would sponsor her a P5! Unless I'm misunderstanding you, in which case please help me out?

Haha sorry got confused. Forgot Raynard is not sponsered by Cervelo anymore? Mmmm. was he previously? Now I dont know anymore? Trek sponsored him in his last year?

Haha sorry got confused. Forgot Raynard is not sponsered by Cervelo anymore? Mmmm. was he previously? Now I dont know anymore? Trek sponsored him in his last year?

Cervelo left him just before the Abu Dhabi Tri and Trek then jumped in to help him

did she win...when is this race?

Kona Ironman is on 13 October