Klapperkop - Climbing route

kingalton

Hi All

Just though I would share a (new to me) route, you may be aware of it, not sure why it took me so long to figure it out.

It’s not long at all, only 8.75 km, but it has 264m of climbing in the route max 18% gradient. A few loose rocky bits which are really tough.

Give it a bash sometime if you have not yet ridden it..

Try 3 laps of that and you will know you have done a ride..

I have plottted it in reverse, so just do it the other way.. Clockwise

enjoy

Pm Me your e-mail address for the google earth .kmz file, cant upload it..

post-9048-0-87551500-1347527401.jpg

Edited by kingalton

hub is so busy, dont think it even featured for a second on the latest forum posts

Thanks Kingalton, will give it a bash (klap?) this weekend.

No access issues, but you cant park at Groenies and get through.. well you can park there and pay, but then you gotta go out the gate and all the way to fountains circle and up.. you dont need to pay to ride Klapperkop, its open

you missed the single track that runs from the top gate down towards to golf course and then to the bottom gate. There is no need to cycle along the fence on the southern side. With the grass being burnt there you should be able to see it clearly.

you missed the single track that runs from the top gate down towards to golf course and then to the bottom gate. There is no need to cycle along the fence on the southern side. With the grass being burnt there you should be able to see it clearly.

That whole section down to the golf course is singletrack...

I ride that loop about once a week in the mornings as I live about 10 km down the road. It's bloody tough, but cool too see all the animals in the morning. Zebra, black wildebeest and rooihartebees are what I've seen so far.

Very similar to my route in Klapperkop (wrt singletrack stuff.) Not sure how much climbing though.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8296/7982262510_607511fbff_b.jpg

That brings back memories.

We cut a few of those trails many years ago when the hill was still covered in a black wattle forest.

There are animals there now? Neat.

I do it twice a week. Quite a few sharp/jaggered rocks poking out along the route that could make your ride end badly..