Rock 'n Roll lube

Reg Lizard

Where in Cape Town can one purchase this lube? Been to Geco, Cyclelab (CT), REvolution Cycles, CWC, Bowmans, but no one has.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where in Cape Town can one purchase this lube? Been to Geco, Cyclelab (CT), REvolution Cycles, CWC, Bowmans, but no one has.

Olympic used to have. I prefer Purple Extreme nowadays though.

Why? Does it also have a self cleaning detergent like the Rock 'n Roll lube? and does your chain stay clean although its lubed?

Last time I got some at Heidelberg Cycle World at Somerset Mall - but that was a while ago.

I saw it somewhere else as well recently, will post if I remember where it was... I am wondering whether or not it was Flandria? Going there this afternoon anyways, so will confirm.

Why? Does it also have a self cleaning detergent like the Rock 'n Roll lube? and does your chain stay clean although its lubed?

Its not as self cleaning as the rock&roll but to be honest this isnt such a big problem for me except when Ive been riding in extremely muddy conditions. Then I clean the chain thoroughly myself anyway.

One thing I hate about rock@roll is that the nozzle always seems to block up with the wax component at some point. Usually when you want to apply some right before a ride.

The purple extreme seems to last longer and kind of sticks to the chain. Easier to apply and last long in both dry and muddy condition without causing a lot of buildup. But yeah rock and roll isnt bad just not the best imho.

Will you be bringing in the service bottles? If so who will be the stockist in durbanville?

Sorry, no service bottles. Only the standard/small ones in Blue and Gold.

Cycle Addiction used to stock it - I love the Racing Red for road riding, but I'm still not convinced the Blue is good enough for MTB conditions.

Cycle Addiction used to stock it - I love the Racing Red for road riding, but I'm still not convinced the Blue is good enough for MTB conditions.

I've been riding with R&R extreme (the blue one) for more than a year (MTB) and love it! Just hard to get hold of the stuff and it is not the cheapest