Boutique MTB's

The Ghost

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SC...especially the tallboys are defnitely not boutique anymore, but it doesn't mean it bad. They are popular for a reason. The absolutely fantastic bikes, having thrown my leg over one, I can tell you they are honestly awesome.

Boutique means rare or not common imo, so you would have to source a frame from somewhere where it was handcrafted in a shed by two boom rokers. Some of the rare brands I haven't seen much in SA to name a few

Canyon

Surly

Cove

I would disagree with the Canyons. They're a dime-a-dozen in Europe and considered a value-for-money bike brand.

:lol: :lol: .......... Sorry, I didnt mean to laugh........... :lol: :lol:

people in glass houses/on Ghosts :P :lol:

just kidding, but despite the hoards of Yetis in Gauteng, they are still considered "boutique" as they are made in Colorado and not in some minimum wage factory in the far east.

Don't see to many Ritchey's around

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/20120725-093307.jpg

I would disagree with the Canyons. They're a dime-a-dozen in Europe and considered a value-for-money bike brand.

Yea I believe so, they mos a online brand, no LBS stocks them so you have to buy of the web. I was just saying in SA...haven't seen any.

Oh and add Orange to my list. Also not that common is SA

Transition bikes

Heck yeah! Transition TR 250 is on my dream bike list

http://www.calgarycycle.com/bikes/images/2012/Transition%20TR250%20Complete.jpg

and to add a few

Knolly

Intense (got one :thumbup: )

Morewood (the handmade in SA ones, currently got 2, have had 4 :thumbup: )

Devinci

Turner

Empire

Banshee

Canfield

Foes

Ancilotti

Just to name a few

I would say that when a brand in handmade in country of origin, then that is a rather big qualifier for being considered boutique