[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #5 Hakahana

Tim_Fair

Any idea on who the photographers were and where to get the pics? I need to make sure all evidence of me suffering are removed! ph34r.png

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea on who the photographers were and where to get the pics? I need to make sure all evidence of me suffering are removed! http://1.1.1.3/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.png

http://photomarx.co.za/page/home

They should have all the pics uploaded by Thursday.

oooooo you didn't.

PS so who of you managed to ride all the climbs on the 70km...heard they were bitchas

I didn't see anyone riding the last section of the long concrete climb, heard it was 28% and yes I hiked my bike up there. The rest was great but I'm sure my pedals are stuffed from all the strikes. I did take things easy cause I didn't want a repeat of my VG horrorshow.

Something went wrong with my garmin, showed approx 2,000m ascent (felt like it but was only just over 1,000m) and wasn't able to import into strava. Had to export to .gpx file.

I didn't see anyone riding the last section of the long concrete climb, heard it was 28% and yes I hiked my bike up there. The rest was great but I'm sure my pedals are stuffed from all the strikes. I did take things easy cause I didn't want a repeat of my VG horrorshow.

Something went wrong with my garmin, showed approx 2,000m ascent (felt like it but was only just over 1,000m) and wasn't able to import into strava. Had to export to .gpx file.

My day was simply k@k, to me it felt like 3000m climbing but maybe thats because I was dead just before the 2nd water point, I had nothing left in me, never ever felt so k@k on a ride.

Big thanks to Karma for dragging my butt to the finish, him with almost zero brakes and me with zero climbing legs. We belted it down the downhill sections and single track but the minute I saw uphill my legs went... oooooohh eh eh!!

I had a nightmare on the bike but the beers and spyker bombs fixed me up under the tree!!

I recorded 1930m climbing on my garmin for the 40km...... Had a look at the data and it looks like I did several 300 odd meter hill repeats in the first 2km of the race. But I was doing 30km plus per hour... Eat those stats Burry...... Hate it when technology goes a little crazy.

Was a great 70, very tough and those hills!!!

the camera man at the top of that concrete mountain... asking how it's going just as you got to the top... umm.. i wasn't very chatty at that time...

The decent on the road was insane! just smelt breaks most the way down.

lost a couple places right near the end with a flat but quite chuffed with the 60th overall.

don't remember where exactly it was, not too far into the race but was in the group where those buck ran across in front of us eek.gif

Overall an awesome event!!!

clap.gif

Action from floating bridge in 40km race

I almost came off on that floating bridge just made it accross, I think the camera man one the otherside made me nervousclap.gif

I recorded 1930m climbing on my garmin for the 40km...... Had a look at the data and it looks like I did several 300 odd meter hill repeats in the first 2km of the race. But I was doing 30km plus per hour... Eat those stats Burry...... Hate it when technology goes a little crazy.

The problem seems to be min elevation which should be around 1100m.

post-32242-0-13400000-1352098505_thumb.png

my bryton said 680m climbing for the 40km

This race was far tougher than VG! The descents were as tough I thought and the climbs were insane! I had a feeling that the route organiser sort of ran out of areas for us to ride so simply looped us through that 4x4 track for ages. Sense of humour failure of note but I took my sachet of specially prepared "HTFU" and carried on.

Well done to all finishers!

Did anyone else have a discrepancy between their official time and their Garmin etc time? Not counting auto-stop/start and paused sections of course.

This race was far tougher than VG! The descents were as tough I thought and the climbs were insane! I had a feeling that the route organiser sort of ran out of areas for us to ride so simply looped us through that 4x4 track for ages. Sense of humour failure of note but I took my sachet of specially prepared "HTFU" and carried on.

Well done to all finishers!

Did anyone else have a discrepancy between their official time and their Garmin etc time? Not counting auto-stop/start and paused sections of course.

My time was identical to garmin (don't use auto stop/start) BUT the email I received had the wrong distance, wrong time and wrong finishing position.

My time was identical to garmin (don't use auto stop/start) BUT the email I received had the wrong distance, wrong time and wrong finishing position.

Yes! I received some one's 20km result.

I also don't use the auto stop/start function and my official time is 6min slower than my Garmin.

mine too