Gauteng DH Provincial #4 13-14 October - Helderkruin

Super_mil

This weekend the final Gauteng provincial DH race is taking place at the Helderkruin track just off Graphite Road in Helderkruin.

So pack your passports and head through to the Westrand to come and watch OR take part.

Saturday is practice

Racing happens Sunday

post-3245-0-92675200-1350046329_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I cannot go and watch :thumbdown: - have got other plans :thumbup: - will be interesting with all the rain lately

All the info is on the Facebook page.

Here is the most important info from the page.

Helderkruin’s location : Graphite road , Helderkruin, Roodepoort, JHB

Saturday Practice 13 October form 10:00 to 16:00

Sunday Practice 14 October from 09:00 to 11:30 - Racing starts from 12:00

Entry is R150 for the weekend.

Edit to add GPS Co-ords:

Parking : 26 06' 51.75" S 27 52' 07.88" E

Edited by Super_mil

is that R150 to watch or to ride?

To ride. The R150 covers entry and shuttles to the start.

Watching is free, but posting any decent shots you get on the day on the Hub is mandatory :thumbup:

Watching is free, but posting any decent shots you get on the day on the Hub is mandatory http://1.1.1.4/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbup1.gif

Cool, thanks.

Watching is free, but posting any decent shots you get on the day on the Hub is mandatory :thumbup:

Ill put a few up, the rest can be seen on FB

http://www.facebook....65580702&type=1

The Flying Super_mil

post-4310-0-39039300-1350346663_thumb.jpg

Bramley boosting it

post-4310-0-58082300-1350346629_thumb.jpg

A new kid on the block

post-4310-0-54094800-1350346712_thumb.jpg

Google taking flight on his new Makulu

post-4310-0-31094300-1350346894_thumb.jpg

A NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE

post-4310-0-34716100-1350346773_thumb.jpg

Yeah, unfortunately one of the guys helping build on Friday (Alec Arthur Loynes) suffered a heart attack while working on Friday. The guys on the track did CPR until the ambulance arrived, after which the medics took over. Unfortunately he never made it.

I didn't know Alec very well but my few brief encounters with him were good. He was a good guy with a smile always plastered to his face.

All the winners on the day put their prize money towards the family he leaves behind, which I thought was a great gesture. A lot of the riders & spectators put additional cash in. The track was run by the full field in a train in memory of Alec prior to the racing.

EDIT to add. I wasn't there at the time of the unfortunate event so my version is very basic and is what I picked up from chatting to some of the guys who were there on the day.

Edited by Super_mil

Yeah, unfortunately one of the guys helping build on Friday (Alec Arthur Loynes) suffered a heart attack while working on Friday. The guys on the track did CPR until the ambulance arrived, after which the medics took over. Unfortunately he never made it.

I didn't know Alec very well but my few brief encounters with him were good. He was a good guy with a smile always plastered to his face.

All the winners on the day put their prize money towards the family he leaves behind, which I thought was a great gesture. A lot of the riders & spectators put additional cash in. The track was run by the full field in a train in memory of Alec prior to the racing.

EDIT to add. I wasn't there at the time of the unfortunate event so my version is very basic and is what I picked up from chatting to some of the guys who were there on the day.

Thanks super_Mil

so sad too hear

Ride In peace ALec