Roll call for Nissan #4 at Van Gaalen on Sat

jcza

That was a proper ride!

Very happy with my 3h47min. Had a serious sense of humour failure on the loop after Greek church.

Got my physio booked already for tomorrow. I was feeling too shattered after the ride to stick around, sorry.

Karma, were you on that lumo green GT that was creaking and sounding like it was going to fall apart? I passed you just before or after passing jcza after the Greek church.

No that wasn't karma, that was a dude in cyclelab kit. Great ride Ross!

Yup - I was praying that the thing will hold until the finish...

Well, the there were 2 Sensors with issues on the day.

Edited by Karma

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a proper ride!

Very happy with my 3h47min. Had a serious sense of humour failure on the loop after Greek church.

Got my physio booked already for tomorrow. I was feeling too shattered after the ride to stick around, sorry.

Karma, were you on that lumo green GT that was creaking and sounding like it was going to fall apart? I passed you just before or after passing jcza after the Greek church.

Ross with that time of yours Karma was FAR behind you. Think you saw one of the other two okes on th green GT's. I actually spoke to the older oke which had one and he compalined about the BB making those noises...think that's the guy you saw.

Ross with that time of yours Karma was FAR behind you. Think you saw one of the other two okes on th green GT's. I actually spoke to the older oke which had one and he compalined about the BB making those noises...think that's the guy you saw.

Thanks for the stab... blush.png

eish what did you do wrong ???

Ok I'll be VERY honest...

1. Totally underestimated the track.

2. Went out to quick

3. Attacked the climbs

4. Hydration hydration hydration

5. Nutrition nutrition nutrition

6. Tech issues (no climbing gears, chain coming off the whole tim)

7. I'm a sissie and a bit soft.

2. Went out to quick

3. Attacked the climbs

Yip +1....was lekker windgat at the start as well....I mos know VG like the back of my hand....pfft

I do remember seeing white shoes on the guy (I was tired and looking anywhere that didn't involve seeing more hills). I started in F batch.

You're probably right.

I do remember seeing white shoes on the guy (I was tired and looking anywhere that didn't involve seeing more hills). I started in F batch.

You're probably right.

no white shoes here...

I started with you in batch F

@rouxtjie no you don't cause you didn't expect that Jou Bliksem climb after the church cursing.gif

For once and I do hope I have learned, I drank enough and didn't blast it at the beginning. Ok not too easy to blast it at the beginning and keep up with the geared bikes at the start on an SS with 32x18. Felt like an amature being left behind in the dust. You spin but you don't go so fast.mellow.png

Yip +1....was lekker windgat at the start as well....I mos know VG like the back of my hand....pfft

you should have asked.....he he

2. Went out to quick

3. Attacked the climbs

Nothing Hayley-Ann didn't warn him about before the race...expeially nr 4, 5 and 6...

@rouxtjie no you don't cause you didn't expect that Jou Bliksem climb after the church cursing.gif

For once and I do hope I have learned, I drank enough and didn't blast it at the beginning. Ok not too easy to blast it at the beginning and keep up with the geared bikes at the start on an SS with 32x18. Felt like an amature being left behind in the dust. You spin but you don't go so fast.mellow.png

Also the legs had a couple of metres in them by then....never again am I passing "jou blixem" on a training ride...it was also a head thing I reckon... I rolled into the church grounds....fresh...ish still, thinking its home time and I didn't stop at the previous waterpoint so I had exactly one perpetuam gulp left to the end, "knowing the route home". Bwhahahaha slim vang sy baas.

Management made me shave off the handlebars. She said its not Movember yet.

and you listened? dude. unsure.png

Rule 1: Whoever wears the biggest shoe, makes the rules.