Its not about the bike, Its about the dope

Groenies

This thread isn't about the others.

Why is it that you continuously justify his actions by insisting that others did the same?

You are missing the point. There were cyclists that did not dope and they are the ones that were hard done by.

What is it about LA that makes you defend him like this?

Is it the inherent unfairness of others receiving less negative attention or lighter sentences?

If so then: seriously???? Fairness???? For one of the biggest cheats of all time?

Is it the good he has done.

Cancer good? Okay. Cycling good? All broken now. Good deeds never excuse bad ones. That's a slippery moral slope that leads to disaster.

Or is it that you were just taken by his square jaw and American promise? Hypocrisy at the highest level.

He is a bad man. The sooner you realise that the sooner you will stop posting on LA doper threads with "they all did it" bollocks. They didn't all do it. Only the successful ones did. That's why we are so peed off!

Well i did not defend him! That would make the rest of your post basically meaningless to my post but rather a summary of your reasons why Lance is satan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GoLefty!! You make some well reasoned and thought out arguments. No denying that

All I am trying to say, and obviously not very clearly and too emotionally, is that if we want to determine who might be the greatest cyclist then we need some sort of criteria and for that I would propose number of races entered and number of races won. Obviously a strong case can be made for other criteria but then we stray into areas more difficult to define.

Bartalli thing was merely an attempt to say that other cyclists have done compassionate work such as that embarked upon by Armstrong with his foundation.

For the record my favorite cyclists are Robert Millar, Bahamonte, Pantani, Cavandish and Nicholas Roche. Perhaps that does betray a romantic bent, I don't know

He is probably writing a tell all book so that he can reveal all whilst making a fortune

Ja, and all his idiot fanboys will rush out and buy it. Why not just send him the cash and avoid having to read his sewerage being spilled out into the world?

"Hi, my name is Tyler. I was Lance Armstrong's b*tch"

"Hi, my name is George. I was Lance Armstrong's b*tch"

"Hi, my name is Floyd. I was Lance Armstrong's b*tch"

Either they were pussies or they were willing. This whole "He made me do it" argument is null. Everybody that testified were very willing participants, or Lance Armstrong's b*tch.....

Hamilton never claimed that he was forced to dope by Armstrong. He pretty much admitted that he was up for it and only became close to Armstrong once he was doping. I think the many assumptions made that LA forced these guys to dope is misleading. Perhaps it did happen but certainly not with all of them.

Well i did not defend him! That would make the rest of your post basically meaningless to my post but rather a summary of your reasons why Lance is satan

He isn't satan.

You did not defend him per say but each and every LA dope thread has a variation of your post.

Basically goes like this: He isn't the only one. They all did it.

What makes you surmise we don't know that.

Makes your posts, plural, pretty meaningless.

because One man did not create a culture. He just allegedly exploited it as far it could be exploited for personal gain. That is the nature of every successful sportsman, politician, professional in any sphere of business or academia. Its human nature...

To lay the blame for a culture gone wrong at one persons door is denial. We, the joesoaps, the cyclers, who ride the ARgust, the 94.7 the Shovel and those mtb events are also to blame for being part of a system thats corrupt because we allow it to be corrupt. People who get to the top of a corrupt system are just better at being corrupt than most of use are.

So how do you fix that?

I bought the books, then I burned them.

Take a stand, don't take the easy way out.

On Monday we will be promised a "new dawn" in cycling by the same people who promised that every year for the last 14...

You want to buy into that or not?

because One man did not create a culture. He just allegedly exploited it as far it could be exploited for personal gain. That is the nature of every successful sportsman, politician, professional in any sphere of business or academia. Its human nature...

To lay the blame for a culture gone wrong at one persons door is denial. We, the joesoaps, the cyclers, who ride the ARgust, the 94.7 the Shovel and those mtb events are also to blame for being part of a system thats corrupt because we allow it to be corrupt. People who get to the top of a corrupt system are just better at being corrupt than most of use are.

So how do you fix that?

I bought the books, then I burned them.

Take a stand, don't take the easy way out.

On Monday we will be promised a "new dawn" in cycling by the same people who promised that every year for the last 14...

You want to buy into that or not?

Where, on this thread, has blame been laid at only one man's door? Which contributor here stated that LA was the only, or even the most culpable, of the cheats?

The OP expressed his shock at learning the truth after reading Hamilton's book.

Why then are there posts stating, it's only LA. It starts to seem as if LA apologists need to blame others. There are many guilty parties here but what many of us find shocking, myself included, is the extent to which LA clean image was false. No one was really amazed when Vino was bust, or Ricco, but LA's guilt is shocking to most (except maybe Peta and the colonol).

Edited by TZmtb

He isn't satan.

You did not defend him per say but each and every LA dope thread has a variation of your post.

Basically goes like this: He isn't the only one. They all did it.

What makes you surmise we don't know that.

Makes your posts, plural, pretty meaningless.

Point taken! I am not emplying that we have to be soft on him because the others did it as well. Although, it pretty much seems like most lay the blame for the injustices squarely at his door. I have no doubt that the guy doped and i am sure justice will take its course. The picture is just a bit bigger than 1 guy. But like you say, you know that

Point taken! I am not emplying that we have to be soft on him because the others did it as well. Although, it pretty much seems like most lay the blame for the injustices squarely at his door. I have no doubt that the guy doped and i am sure justice will take its course. The picture is just a bit bigger than 1 guy. But like you say, you know that

I have to agree with you on the fact that some are vilifying him as a sole scapegoat and they are either naive or have their own agendas.

The soap opera continues!