Best spots for AM riding in PTA / JHB area

G00SE

Go to groenies during the week when its quiet and do the walking trails around onion hill.

fountains you cant go wrong.

Voortrekker monument has also got some cool sections but very technical.

klapperkop also has a nice downhill section

Go to groenies during the week when its quiet and do the walking trails around onion hill.

Pity I have to work in the week, but I will keep that in mind for when I am on leave thumbup1.gif

We riding the Spruit on Sunday am, meeting at the Riverside shopping centre (better known as Milfy Lane) in Sandton at 7am.

Not gonna be able to make it this Sun, got proir arrangements. But next Sun if youre riding there again I'm sure I can make a plan

I enjoy melville quite a lot. which line do you take down the koppie? the line i used to take has become properly eroded.

Been off the bike for quite a while and havent been up there. I used to join from the West through the hole in the fence and ride East dropping down the very rocky gap down to Beyers.

+1

+1

Erosion is a big problem there though, which is fun as it changes a bit between every rain. Some of the sections where all the top has been washed off is quite loose with lots of large rocks, so watch those spokes. Fun as hell to ride in the wet!!