Best spots for AM riding in PTA / JHB area

G00SE

Can anyone recommend riding spots around pta/jhb that offers some good AM style riding? Most places i know of are good for xc style riding, but I'm looking for something with some nice downhill runs.

There are a few DH trails but thats about it.

Come ride the Spruit and we will show you the Fun lines along it, quite a few fun sections, better that most stuff up here, they are becoming trashed from the XC and 29er riders though, they like to cut our lips off and ride straight where there is a corner.

they like to cut our lips off and ride straight where there is a corner.

Funny that.. something I will never understand :-(

Singletrack does not equal N1 and is not in need of impromptu redesign..

I really enjoy playing around at the alberts farm park. nice little up hill with a really fun quite long Downhill (the satellite image does not do it justice). Gradient is not too ridiculous but i still have an absolute jol there. Could do with some jumps however.

Closest would be Helderkruin or do Onionhill in Groenkloof 10 times :-)

onion hill is a bitch to get up, doing it 10 times would kill me. lol it is the best part of groenies though.

There are a few DH trails but thats about it.

Come ride the Spruit and we will show you the Fun lines along it, quite a few fun sections, better that most stuff up here, they are becoming trashed from the XC and 29er riders though, they like to cut our lips off and ride straight where there is a corner.

Not too familiar with the spruit, how do you get there? would be cool to join you to learn the good lines thumbup1.gif

I really enjoy playing around at the alberts farm park. nice little up hill with a really fun quite long Downhill (the satellite image does not do it justice). Gradient is not too ridiculous but i still have an absolute jol there. Could do with some jumps however.

Venture a bit further to Melville Koppies. Go in a group.

Where is this alberts farm park, and Melville koppies? directions or co-ords will be appreciated.

Of you're wanting AM riding and you're in Groenkloof then you're lost.

Fountains is way more fun (in my opinion) when it comes to that sorta thing. The old DS line is gold

Of you're wanting AM riding and you're in Groenkloof then you're lost.

Fountains is way more fun (in my opinion) when it comes to that sorta thing. The old DS line is gold

Not familiar with the DS line, how would I find it?

Not familiar with the DS line, how would I find it?

It's the line with this gap jump in it

post-10758-13511044213661.jpg

Edited by patches

Not too familiar with the spruit, how do you get there? would be cool to join you to learn the good lines thumbup1.gif

We riding the Spruit on Sunday am, meeting at the Riverside shopping centre (better known as Milfy Lane) in Sandton at 7am.

Edited by Peach.

Venture a bit further to Melville Koppies. Go in a group.

I enjoy melville quite a lot. which line do you take down the koppie? the line i used to take has become properly eroded.