how to prevent stomach cramps after a race

Every time after a race I have stomach cramps for the rest of the day and its annoying

I eat breakfast ( oats) then during the race only gI 32 tablets and chews and clean water

what could it be and is it common ? Maybe try solid foods during the race like bars ?

Edited by Heel Drop

do you take other supplements? ive learned that certain creatine and cramp block supplements upxet my tummy

Is it a longstanding problem?

Do you have it with other race nutrition?

Edited by ' Dale

do you take other supplements? ive learned that certain creatine and cramp block supplements upxet my tummy

no nothing and only happen when I race

Is it a longstanding problem?

Do you have it with other race nutrition?

well I only race since June but it seems on the longer marathon rides its more evident cant really recall having it when I did shorter races

well I only race since June but it seems on the longer marathon rides its more evident cant really recall having it when I did shorter races

only use 32 gi thats it

no nothing and only happen when I race

sorry I do use a white and red packet of electrolytes for cramp block might be that ( cant remember the name) Edited by Heel Drop

I have used those 32Gi tabs on 4 occasions now and have had no problems with it at all. Have not been a big fan of their other products but this one works for me.

I would be surprised if your problem is related to the tabs. Could it not be an intensity thing? Do you do any intensity training such as intervals?

Try eating real food on the bike and drinking plain water. Eat stuff like plain boiled potato, banana, Marmite white bread sandwiches, peanut butter sandwiches...I'd be very surprised if you still have the stomach cramps.

Most likely the 32 gi not agreeing with you, some people are just sensitive to sudden lots of sugar in their stomachs. I don't think an electrolite preparation like Rehydrate is likely to cause it.

My 2c worth

I have used those 32Gi tabs on 4 occasions now and have had no problems with it at all. Have not been a big fan of their other products but this one works for me.

I also dont think its the 32 gi I dod take hammer endurolytes 2 before race and 2 during I am going to drop those next race and see what happen

I would be surprised if your problem is related to the tabs. Could it not be an intensity thing? Do you do any intensity training such as intervals?

I use hammer endurolytes for cramps 2 before and 2 during will drop it next race and see what happen

I had the same today. it was strange but after drinking water it went away.
Thanks for all the input I do suspect the endurolytes will drop them and c what happen next race

Plain water will dilute electrolytes even more, I doubt that it could be an electrolyte issue.

Could be that there is too much in the stomach to digest during exercise, causing cramps etc (Body wants to expel that what it cannot use).