plastic thingie

Mich

maximo' date=' re-sell them to a rookie at a race......  LOL[/quote']

I AM a rookie - see my status!

Not a Hub rookie - a rookie at a race - the one that comes in at the very last of a race....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG....get it off ASAP! You cannot expect to get ANY respect if you're going to show up at an event with one of those things attached to your bike!

Just like reflectors! You HAVE removed all reflectors off your bike' date=' eh?

[/quote']

I can not go without reflectors - the cars won't see me.... ShockedConfused

The Style Police will...!!! Where's Pantani....let him settle the matter for us!

lets see:

reflectors on the wheels... no car from behind or from the front see them in any case.

Cars from the side.. they will only see you when both of you are in the middle of the intersection, fighting for the same piece of tar road.

So, chuck away the reflectors and get yourself some decent lights.

You get that small lights that you put the liitle wires inside the helmet en the "lights" is looking out of the holes on the helmet. So when you turn your head, those lights move to different dirrectings to.

I think there is 4 on a system. Its small and you wont even feel the weight

Well I think it's dreadful, knocking those poor people doing the right thing by having reflectors in their wheels.  For Sunday's race, which is sure to be jolly fast with lots of chaps pushing for space, I've got this to make sure I'm safe and that others around me cycle responsibly.

If you don't have time to go to the shops before the race, you can make your own using a stick and a yogurt pot.  Better safe than sorry and IMO these are quite stylish too!

It looks like something my mother used to hit me with.

Could have various uses as well. Like stirring paint or maybe you could use it to fool your kid into thinking it is a lollipop

you dont really have to replace it. it is for badly adjusted bikes' date=' as well as makro and game specials to prevent the rear deraileur from going into the spokes.

if your bike is well set-up, you dont need it
[/quote']

mmmm  hubby has one on his rear wheel as well....

his bike is a brand new GT bought for a substantial amount of money....

not, what I would call, a cheap bike from Makro????ConfusedConfused

As far as I am aware the plastic thingie which I think is called a chain protector will have to be fitted to all bikes from 2008. I read an article somewhere (my memory fails me as usual) but if I remember correctly it will be compulsary to ride with one in all races.

Please correct me if I am wrong cause I also think it looks shocking

Oppps it's called a spoke protector

4 Pounds will secure you a fashonable one for your bike

This one is a Shimano one, I wonder if Campy also make one?

20080123_031048_shimano.jpg 

Oh great... see I can't even remember what I did yesterday nevermind last year April.

so muxie, they'll catch again you if they run the same april fool's joke this yearLOL

isn't a spoke protector? i've got a huge one on one of my mtbs. for me, it's a case of function ruling over form. if it's gonna save me a broken spoke or two, i'm gonna keep it on the bike.